1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2016 1:54 PM by Roei Tzoref

MXF OP1A CC 2015

johnt53984649 Level 2

So MXF OP1A has been removed from After Effects since CC 2015.  I already know this.  But here's the deal; I don't have an infinite amount of file space.  I can't just do lossless renders on a 512 GB SSD.  I need to use some type of high-quality compression codec.  I'm working with 1080p 59.94 fps footage and the MXF OP1A AVC-Intra Class 100 1080 codec was the ONLY codec I could find that would give me the frame size and frame rate that I needed while actually compressing the file to a usable size back in CC 2014.  But now that's gone in CC 2015.

But what's that?  You say I can just use Adobe Media Encoder?  Adobe Media Encoder is so much slower than exporting directly from within After Effects that it's completely useless!  Everybody knows this too.  I'm not the only one who's suffering from the loss of the MXF exporting option.

So here's my real question.  I've already made a feature request for Adobe to try and put this back into a newer version of After Effects, but I've got a feeling it won't happen.  So, can I ever plan on the MXF OP1A AVC-Intra Class 100 1080 codec being incorporated back into a newer version of After Effects or will I just have to stay on CC 2014 for the rest of my life?

• 1. Re: MXF OP1A CC 2015
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
          I'm working with 1080p 59.94 fps footage and the MXF OP1A AVC-Intra Class 100 1080 codec was the ONLY codec I could find that would give me the frame size and frame rate that I needed while actually compressing the file to a usable size back in CC 2014.  But now that's gone in CC 2015.

I use export all my D.I in Ae. I don't render to my SSD so never had this much of a problem. how about Avid DNxHD Codec? if it's not 10bit how about Quicktime PNG? I recently had very good experience with QT MAGICYUV for high res non standard resolution. excellent quality with minimum disk space.