OK. Wow. Things can get super confusing even if you're just using two accounts so I can understand why you're so frustrated. A couple of questions just to make sure I'm understanding:
* You have two accounts, right? With one of them can use the desktop apps and the other one you can't? Or can you use the desktop apps with both accounts?
* Are you trying to get all your Draw work into a single account? Or does that not matter so much as being able to get it to the desktop?
Something that will help us learn where your Draw work is... Log in to Adobe Creative Cloud with your Adobe ID(s) and see which account has all your work in it.
Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.
Yes, I have two accounts. Technically I can use the desktop apps on both but only for the time being. One subscription was cancelled, but I'm able to access the apps until my month is up. All of my Draw work is on one account and I need to get it to the desktop. All of my Draw work is on the other account - not the one that will end when the month is up. I hope that makes sense! Do you need to know the account names?
1 person found this helpful
Oh good. I'm glad I understood correctly. You can actually move your Draw work from one account to another. It's a multi-step process but an easy one. And, since there's no danger that the old account will go away, you can do it as you need the drawings. Here's how to transfer the native Draw files
Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/ with your OLD (where your work is) Adobe ID.
Navigate to Assets/Files/Mobile Creations/Draw and select the project to share
Click on Share/Send Link, then the button Create Public Link
Copy that link and, using a different browser (so you can stay logged in with both IDs), sign into with your NEW CC account to open that link. When it opens click the Save to Creative Cloud link in the upper right hand of the screen. This will save the project to your NEW account.
Let me know if it works for you.
I'm sorry, I think I didn't explain clearly.
I have two accounts. One I paid monthly for Illustrator. The other account was free. I created the Draw files on the free account by mistake. After reading in a few forums that what you just suggested wasn't possible I cancelled the monthly paid Illustrator account. I then went to my free account (where the Draw files are) and signed up for Illustrator on that one. So currently my Draw files and Illustrator subscription are on the same account. But when I try to transfer, nothing happens.
So...not sure what would be easiest at this point. Figuring out why I can't move from Draw to Illustrator, or should do what you suggested above and transfer them to the original paid account (that I cancelled), reinstate that monthly subscription, and try to get a refund for the $30ish paid on the "new" account?
Clear as mud?
Got it. OK, let's see if we can't get the Send to Illustrator CC working for you from your current account.
I have some questions and a couple of things I'd like you to check:
* Are you getting the Sent! notification in the app when you tap the Send to Illustrator CC link?
* If you're getting the Sent! notification, have you tried creating a new drawing in the app (something super simple) and sending that? What happens?
* What version of Draw are you using (to find the version number, tap the Draw icon, then About Draw; it'll be at the top)?
* I know you said you updated it, but what version of Illustrator CC are you using? (Since the CC Desktop App can sometimes be misleading, to check the version open Illustrator then tap About Illustrator in the Illustrator CC file menu)
* I think you may have mentioned this, but I want to be sure we're talking about the same thing (since I keep misunderstanding).... When you open Illustrator CC can you see, on the Illustrator Start screen, your Draw work in the Mobile Creations tab (see below)?
Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.
It's less likely that you're misunderstanding and more likely that I'm just not explaining myself very well!
Yes, I do get the Sent! notification.
When I try sending a new drawing, the same thing happens. It shows sent, but nothing appears in Illustrator.
Using version 3.4 of Draw
Version 20.1.0 of Illustrator
When I click on mobile creations I don't see anything. If I click view on web, I can then see the drawing I tried to send in png format, though oddly, not the "super quick" one you had me test. If I click on mobile creations from that menu, i can see all of the drawings on my ipad.
OK. This helps. There may be something going on on the desktop, but...
One last thing I want you to check: Make sure you at least have v184.108.40.2060 of the Creative Cloud Desktop (mine just updated a minute ago). To check, tap the CC icon in the menu bar, then the Gear icon, then Preferences.
Then, some things I'd like you to do (in a particular order). I know you've already done this (probably many times) but give it one more try:
1. On your desktop, Close Illustrator CC, log out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then the Gear icon, then Preferences, then Sign Out, restart your laptop, then log back in to Creative Cloud
2. Before you try to send from Draw, log out of Draw, (tap the Draw icon, then the field with your name, then Sign Out), restart your device, then log back in to the app.
3. Once everything's running, do a simple drawing then try sending that from Draw to the desktop again.
Let me know if it works. (Fingers crossed.)
Oh my goodness, it worked! Did you do some magic, because I swear I've done that 17 times.
YAY! You know, because it's so darn frustrating, it's super super easy (especially when dealing with two accounts) to feel like you've done everything in a particular order or at a particular time, when in reality while throwing everything at it all at once it's easy to miss a step.
But who cares... I'm just glad it's working for you now.
I'm certain it was user error. Thanks for your time!