3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2016 2:51 AM by Ann Bens

Can You Use D Drive With Adobe For Videos

Moti

I have Adobe Premier 9, OS Windows 7, 4GB RAM, 64bit.

Hard Disk Drives:

(C) 8.62GB free of 200GB

(D) 387GB free of 395GB

(1) The problem is, there is not much space left on the C Drive.  Can I now finish my 10 Minutes video with 100 pictures and music on D Drive?

(2) I will be burning this video onto a DVD  disc and will be played on a TV for family and friends.

There is not much option to choose from:

Presets: PAL Widescreen Dolby or PAL Dolby

Quality: Fit contents to available space.

Highest quality

Can I change any of the other settings - width & height, profile, level etc and how for burning?

Would it be best to purchase Physical Ram?

Thank you

Mary

• 1. Re: Can You Use D Drive With Adobe For Videos
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can absolutely use your C drive for your programs and your D drive for your video, photos and project files. In fact, that's the preferred setup for most professionals.

However, 8 gigs of free space on your C drive is not nearly enough for Windows to fully deploy Premiere Elements. I wouldn't recommend running a program like Premiere Elements with any less than 50 gigs of free space on your C drive. Otherwise, your program is going to crash pretty regularly.

• 2. Re: Can You Use D Drive With Adobe For Videos
            Moti Level 1

I have Premier Elements 9  installed on the C drive, Windows 7, can I transfer  this program to D drive or do I need to re-install to D drive.
            You helped me with my previous question to put photos and videos on the C Drive but I had to start all over again with my video on the D drive.

• 3. Re: Can You Use D Drive With Adobe For Videos
              Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Common practic is to put programs (including windows) on C and the rest on D.

Might need to run Crap Cleaner or something simular on your C drive.

Elements has a clean button for Media Cache. Use that.