4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2016 11:14 AM by Just Shoot Me

Can't export from mobile b/c of metadata

malapertish

I just have LR on my mobile device.  I just want to open in EyeEm.  When I press the share arrow and then open in, I get stuck on a metadata page that slides out from the left and gives me yes/no options.  I can't get out of this.  It doesn't matter what I choose and if I go back to the image I don't have any other choices.  Please help!  I don't use a computer, I just want to use my iPod.

• 1. Re: Can't export from mobile b/c of metadata
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

LR Mobile isn't something you should be using. It only works with a subscription to the real Computer based Lightroom program, the Adobe Photographers subscription plan, and will stop working after 30 days.

So you should uninstall it from your iPod and use something else for editing images on your iPod.

• 2. Re: Can't export from mobile b/c of metadata
            john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

malapertish wrote:

I just have LR on my mobile device. I just want to open in EyeEm. When I press the share arrow and then open in, I get stuck on a metadata page that slides out from the left and gives me yes/no options. I can't get out of this. It doesn't matter what I choose and if I go back to the image I don't have any other choices. Please help! I don't use a computer, I just want to use my iPod.

Just choose either option. When you choose Yes or No, what exactly happens? This option should allow you to proceed.

• 3. Re: Can't export from mobile b/c of metadata
              john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Just Shoot Me wrote:

LR Mobile isn't something you should be using. It only works with a subscription to the real Computer based Lightroom program, the Adobe Photographers subscription plan, and will stop working after 30 days.

So you should uninstall it from your iPod and use something else for editing images on your iPod.

That is completely incorrect.

LrMobile works with - or without - a subscription. With no subscription, someone can use LrMoble. What they can't do is sync anything in LrM back to Lightroom Desktop.

• 4. Re: Can't export from mobile b/c of metadata
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Thank John. I was unaware that you could use LR Mobile on a mobile device without having a subscription plan or linking it to LR Desktop.