4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2016 2:48 PM by dj_paige

How to get back preview

lovehawkins4

I accidentally deleted my catalog previews.  I can see my photos in library but they are fuzzy and I can not develop them.  I uploaded them elsewhere on my computer, and it won't allow me to re-upload them to light room to edit!  Is there any way to fix this HOPEFULLY!

• 1. Re: How to get back preview
          dj_paige Level 9

Are you getting a message that the photo is missing? Are there exclamation point icons or question mark icons on your photos? Can you show us a screen capture?

• 2. Re: How to get back preview
            lovehawkins4 Level 1

The files have questions marks on them on the left next to their folder under folders.  When I open them up I can see the pictures but they are all clear with exclamation marks by them, and when I click them they are blurred.  Then when I try to reupload them from my camera, because they are still on my memory card, they all pop up but it wont let me select or import them.  Then I tried to re-upload them from another file they are in on my computer and I get the same thing!

• 3. Re: How to get back preview
              lovehawkins4 Level 1

Some times it thinks about letting me upload but then I get a message saying, The file *** could not be used because the original file could not be found.  Would you like to locate it?  Then I click the new folder with the uploads that I added and it still wont let me import to edit.

• 4. Re: How to get back preview
                dj_paige Level 9

IMPORTANT CONCEPT: You only import photos once. After you have imported the photos one time, importing again will NOT fix the problem and will probably make the problm worse.

The solution is to tell Lightroom where to find the photo, which have been moved outside of Lightroom somehow. You have to tell Lightroom the exact location of the folder or photo. You do this via these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders