2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2008 7:09 AM by dasprink

Any idea what adobe product I would use to make something like this

kmbsjb
      Greetings. I am looking for some insight into how the video in the linked video was made.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/AcomaSoulskinner/?action=view&current=Comp1-1.flv

I have CS4 and lightwave to work with but I am not sure how it was put together. It looks like a photoshop/illustrator file that has been rendered into an environment. Would love some input as to how I might be able to recreate this for a poject i am currently woking on. I can kind of make something like it in afftereffects but I am not able to manipulate the camera around a flat file.

If anyone has an idea or a link to an idea or anything that I may use to garner some more information about this type of creating please pass it along. thank you.

unfortunatly working on a windows platform and not a mac.
        • 1. Re: Any idea what adobe product I would use to make something like this
          Robert Crowe Level 1
          You could use Director for this by importing flat images into a Shockwave 3D world and then positioning them, setting lighting, setting up the camera, etc. Using behaviors you could add interactivity too, so the user could walk through the scene. Since the images are flat they would look like cardboard cutouts, but thet seems to be the look of that video. I hope that helps.
          • 2. Re: Any idea what adobe product I would use to make something like this
            dasprink Level 1
            It looks to me like it was done in Google Sketchup. They have 2d people in there that look like the one in the video, and the camera movements look like Sketchup animation. The textures look like photos/hand drawn that were scanned & applied, & the materials made transparent. It's a really simple program to learn, tons of documentation & tutorials, and it's free. You have to pay for the pro version, which is what I use, but you could definitely create this video using the free version.