3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2016 12:57 PM by bawinman

Exporting with Lightroom

bawinman

Hi All,

Can someone tell me how to resize my images in different sizes. I have one photo that I would like to print 4X6, 8X10 or 5X7.  When the file is imported into lighroom it is very big.  When I start sizing to print, I loose a lot of the image.  Can someone advise me how to resize the photo.  If you have someone that wants images in three different sizes, how do you do that?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Exporting with Lightroom
          dj_paige Level 9

In photographic terms, you don't want to resize the image, you want to crop the image. Resize is something different.

So go to the Crop Tool in Lightroom, crop the photo to an aspect ratio of 4x6, and then export. Repeat for 8x10. Repeat for 5x7.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Exporting with Lightroom
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Each one of those image sizes that if you refer to are different aspect ratios. If you are using a typical DSLR that saves images in the 2:3 aspect ratio then a 4 x 6 image is going to include the entire frame. But if you want to print those different sizes it would probably be best to create virtual copies and crop  the images to the proper aspect ratio. It will be necessary for you to decide what parts of the image to exclude.

• 3. Re: Exporting with Lightroom
              bawinman Level 1

That what I was doing,  Just wanted to see if there was an easier way.  Thanks for the help.