4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2016 11:50 AM by Tariq Dar

Attachment Folders

jimmybobby121

Is it possible to create a folder for individual attachments when inputting a link into the document using DC

• 1. Re: Attachment Folders
          Tariq Dar Adobe Employee

HI jimmybobby121

Would you please more elaborative when you say create a folder , create a folder where?

What exactly you want to achieve?

Regards,
          Tariq Dar.

• 2. Re: Attachment Folders
            jimmybobby121 Level 1

For instance, when you provide multiple links within a document to several different attachments, I would like to be able to separate those files into different labeled folders so that they are easier to locate when going through the PDF. 

I develop documents which will typically contain 100's of pictures and videos attached and would like it to be easier to locate the specific file while showing it to someone else.  These documents have to be available and are shown on different computers.

I'm probably not using the right terminology for a lot of this and will provide screen shots if necessary.

• 3. Re: Attachment Folders
              Tariq Dar Adobe Employee

Jimmybobby121,

Would you help me with your contact information using private message? Would like to discuss this: How Do I Send  Private Message

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

• 4. Re: Attachment Folders
                Tariq Dar Adobe Employee

As discussed, the problem is we can attach the file using a link but the files should always reside on the same system.  If the path changes the attachment link won't work. If you have WebDAV or web server Server or SharePoint you can upload the file and create a URL and then link to the pdf. 

Regards,
                Tariq Dar.