2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2016 4:55 PM by ManiacJoe

lightroom

alisons6947

I have lightroom on my computer and i am a beginner, but am having filing issues. I seemed to have stuffed everything up. I would like to set the Lightroom back to default functions but use it on another laptop as well. What i would like to achieve is to keep the other laptop as is and i have a large external drive with all my photos on it, so i want to be able to import and export to the same external drive but with different folder names. So can i do this and can i set my lightroom back to default before i started editing.

• 1. Re: lightroom
          dj_paige Level 9

I don't really understand the problem you are stating, it isn't clear to me. I also don't see how setting Lightroom back to default helps in any way.

But if you really want to start from scratch, create a new catalog. Use the command File->New Catalog

• 2. Re: lightroom
            ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

The great thing about using an external drive is that there is no need to separate things.

With the images and catalog on the external drive, you just move the drive from computer to computer and open the one catalog.

If you are using Windows, you may want to give the drive a letter of L or greater on both computers so that Windows never changes the letter on you.