1 2 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 1:10 AM by saifredsoft

Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS

JarSyr Level 1

My Starling application crashes in iOS device (version 9.3.1) with error

exception, information=ArgumentError: Error #3672: Buffer creation failed. Internal error.

I also tested a blank Starling project with a single Quad on stage. That did not produce the error, but the quad only quickly shows and then the screen goes black.

My application and the blank test project both work perfectly in Emulator.

My app and test project work as expected in the test device when using Air 23.

• 1. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
          deesharm Adobe Employee

Hi Jarkko,

I tried reproducing the same problem using a sample project and AIRSDK 24 Beta.

But I am not able to reproduce the problem. I tested a sample starling project on iOS 9.2.1(iPad Pro), 9.3.1 (iPhone 6 plus) and 10.x (iPhone 6).

It will be very helpful for us if you can share a sample project to reproduce the same problem at our end.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

• 2. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
            JarSyr Level 1

Thank you. Here's the test project that goes black after quickly showing a red rectangle:

Dropbox - Test.zip

As you can see, there's nothing special in it.

Libraries / SDK:

• Air SDK 24.0.0.148
            • Starling 2.1 SWC (Also tested with Starling 2.0.1 version)

Computer used:

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
            • OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

Test devices:

• Apple iPad 4 (MD525KS/A) with iOS 9.3.1
            • Apple iPad 3 (MD368B/A) with iOS 9.3.4
            • Apple iPad 2 (MC979KS/A) with iOS 8.0.2
            • Apple iPad Mini (MD531KS/A) with iOS 7.1.1

It makes no difference if I use standard or fast packaging.

Is there some other info that could be useful?

• 3. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
              deesharm Adobe Employee

Hi Jarkko,

I have created a sample Flash Builder Project using the code that you provided in a test project. Please find my sample application at below location:

Dropbox - StarlingSample

I have tested the sample Project keeping below development environment:

Computer Used: Mac Book Pro (10.12.1)

Device Used: iPhone 6 Plus ( iOS 9.3)

iPad AIR 1 (iOS 8.4.1)

iPad AIR 2 (iOS 9.3.5)

AIR SDK Used: 24.0.0.148

IDE : Adobe Flash Builder

Starling 2.1 SWC

It works fine on all the devices at my end. Please find the attached project and package the swf and application file using command line and run it on the different devices at your end.

Kindly share results with us. It will help us for further investigation.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

• 4. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                JarSyr Level 1

With the sample application you provided I'm still getting exactly the same behavior (screen shows a fraction of a second and then goes black) when compiling through the following commands with Air 24 Beta:

mxmlc  -library-path+=../../bin/starling.swc +configname=airmobile ./StarlingSample.as

adt -package -target ipa-ad-hoc -provisioning-profile [mobileprovision file] -storetype pkcs12 -keystore [keystore file]  -storepass [password] StarlingSample.ipa StarlingSample-app.xml StarlingSample.swf

adt -installApp -platform ios -package StarlingSample.ipa

When using exact same commands using Air SDK version 23.0.0.257 it works as expected.

• 5. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                  mar.pies Level 1

I can reproduce the issue JarSyr reported, both with the sample project as well as other Starling powered project - the screen goes black shortly after showing the initial content. I used the latest AIR beta 24.0.0.148 on iPad 3 (iOS 8.4) and iPhone 4s (iOS 9.3.5)

Using AIR 23 works just fine.

• 6. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                    deesharm Adobe Employee

Hi Jarkko,

I also tried packaging the same application on Mac Book Pro (10.11) Machine but couldn't reproduce.

Could you please confirm which Java version you are using at your end?

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

• 7. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                      mogue2k3

My app is crashing the same way

• 8. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                        deesharm Adobe Employee

Hi Miguel,

Could you please share the development environment that you are keeping at your end?

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

• 9. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                          JarSyr Level 1

Could you please confirm which Java version you are using at your end?

Running "java -version" in terminal returns:

java version "1.6.0_65"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-468-11M4828a)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-468, mixed mode)

• 10. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                            mogue2k3 Level 1

java version "1.8.0_111"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-b14)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)

• 11. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                              JarSyr Level 1

I also tried with the newest java version, with same result.

java version "1.8.0_112"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_112-b16)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.112-b16, mixed mode)

• 12. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                deesharm Adobe Employee

Hi Jarkko,

We are continuously trying to reproduce the bug at our end.

When I run your sample code at my end, I get below red rectangle. Is it the expected behavior?

IMG_1981.PNG

Kindly share your swf and app.xml file using which you are reproducing the issue at your end. And it will also be very helpful if you can share a video with us showing the exact issue.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

• 13. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                  JarSyr Level 1

Yes, that is the expected behavior. Here's a  package made with Air 24 including the source, swf and app.xml Dropbox - StarlingSample.zip

Did you notice that I already shared generated swf and IPA files made with Air 23 (working) and Air 24 (not working) privately with you before? Could re-sign the non-working ipa and try reproducing the bug in your device?

Here's a video recording of the bug:

The (stylish) green color is the stage color and the red is starling quad.

• 14. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                    JarSyr Level 1

deesharm some additional info:

• When SWF is created with Air 23 and packaged with Air 24 Beta adt, the bug is still there.
                                    • If the SWF is created with Air 24  (with mxmlc or amxmlc with parameter -swf-version=34) and then packaged with Air 23 it works.
                                    • Air 24 Beta packaging for Android works fine.

So basically we can assume that the problem is with adt and how app is packaged as ipa.

• 15. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                      deesharm Adobe Employee

Hi JarSyr,

Thanks for sharing the information. I would suggest you to recompile your application code with latest AIR 24 Beta Build.

• Create SWF using AIR 24 and package it with same AIR 24 Beta Build keeping the -swf-version=35

Please try above combination and let us know if the bug still persists at your end.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

• 16. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                        Harry248 Level 1

Same problem here with Beta SDK 24.0.0.153.

• 17. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                          JarSyr Level 1

It appears that updating the SDK to 24.0.0.153 did not help.

• 18. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                            iDream.Chris Level 1

Also seeing this issue.  On the latest beta SDK.

• 19. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                              i.diev Level 1

Hello. I have the same bug with latest beta SDK.

• 20. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                boom bug Level 1

deesharm,

You can reproduce the error on lower end iOS devices.

AIR SDK 24.

iPhone 6 works.  No error.

iPhone 4S:

ArgumentError: Error #3672: Buffer creation failed. Internal error.

at flash.display3D::Context3D/createVertexBuffer()

at starling.rendering::VertexData/createVertexBuffer()

1 person found this helpful
                                                • 21. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                  fengy12353241 Level 1

When I use the Beta SDK 24.0.0.153 to build my app and run it in my iphone5C, it is crashing and showing black screen. It seems the same problem to others. But my app in the iphone6/6S/7 is well.

And when I used SDK 23 to build my app, it is all right in my iphone5c and other iphones.

• 22. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                    JarSyr Level 1

Still same problem with latest Beta SDK (24.0.0.162 from Nov 11th).

• 23. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                      i.diev Level 1

Hello.

Tryed AIR SDK 24.0.0.162.

iPhone 6 works well.

iPhone 5 and iPad mini goes into black screen right after app started.

• 24. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                        fengy12353241 Level 1

I also tried AIR SDK 24.0.0.162.

My iphone5c and ipad2 still show black screen, but have not got the error in flash builder and the background music is still playing. It meens only can not show but others are well.

And it has relationship with the device, iphone6/6s/7 are showing well.

• 25. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                          deesharm Adobe Employee

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the information.

We are investigating it further at our end.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

• 26. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                            fengy12353241 Level 1

Hi, dear developers,

We are waiting for the new updating of AIR SDK 24 to deal with the problem.

Thanks.

• 27. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                              fengy12353241 Level 1

Hi, dear developers,

We are waiting for the new updating of AIR SDK 24 to deal with the problem.

Thanks.

• 28. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                                deesharm Adobe Employee

Hi,

The issue has been fixed in latest AIR 24 Beta Build. Please try testing the same using latest AIR 24 Beta.

You can download AIR 24 Beta Build from here:

Download Adobe AIR 24 Beta - Adobe Labs

Release Notes:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air24_flashplayer24_release notes.pdf

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

• 29. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                                  fengy12353241 Level 1

I tried the latest AIR 24 Beta SDK. We test on my iphone5c and ipad4, my app did  not have black screen situation. But when I click the login button, or drag the text content, my app crashed and back to desktop.

This is the crash log in ipad:

Nov 24 11:39:35 kaixinde-iPad My App[6814] <Error>: Could not successfully update network info during initialization.

Nov 24 11:39:35 kaixinde-iPad My App[6814] <Warning>: registerForRemoteNotificationTypes: is not supported in iOS 8.0 and later.

Nov 24 11:39:36 kaixinde-iPad My App[6814] <Warning>: getProducts Called..

Nov 24 11:39:36 kaixinde-iPad assistivetouchd[356] <Warning>: Received memory warning.

Nov 24 11:39:36 kaixinde-iPad nsurlstoraged[272] <Error>: realpath() returned NULL for /var/root/Library/Caches/IAPCrazyDemond

Nov 24 11:39:36 kaixinde-iPad nsurlstoraged[272] <Error>: The read-connection to the DB=/var/root/Library/Caches/IAPCrazyDemond/Cache.db is NOT valid.  Unable to determine schema version.

Nov 24 11:39:36 kaixinde-iPad nsurlstoraged[272] <Error>: realpath() returned NULL for /var/root/Library/Caches/IAPCrazyDemond

Nov 24 11:39:36 kaixinde-iPad nsurlstoraged[272] <Error>: ERROR: unable to determine file-system usage for FS-backed cache at /var/root/Library/Caches/IAPCrazyDemond/fsCachedData. Errno=13

Nov 24 11:39:36 kaixinde-iPad discoveryd[77] <Notice>: Basic DeviceInformation Memory Pressure Warning sent: pressure

Nov 24 11:39:37 kaixinde-iPad SpringBoard[42] <Warning>: Application 'UIKitApplication:com.xxxxxxxxxxxxx[0x7678]' was killed by jetsam.

• 30. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                                    deesharm Adobe Employee

Hi Feng,

Could you please share a sample application with us. It will be very helpful for further investigation.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

• 31. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                                      timoisalive Level 1

I'm having issues packaging with AIR 24, but they somehow seem to have to do with Feathers...

AIR 24 packaging issue · Issue #1500 · BowlerHatLLC/feathers · GitHub

• 32. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                                        Yuhar

We are still experiencing this problem on low-end iOS devices. (iphone 4s, iPhone 5) as of the November 23rd release. Recompiling with AIR 23 works fine.

• 33. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                                          Yuhar Level 1

Here's the crash report we're receiving.

OS version: iPhone OS 9.3.2

Device Name: iPhone 4,1

ArgumentError: Error #3672: Buffer creation failed. Internal error.

starling.rendering::VertexData.createVertexBuffer():-1

starling.rendering::Effect.uploadVertexData():-1

starling.display::MeshBatch.syncVertexBuffer():-1

starling.display::MeshBatch.render():-1

starling.rendering::Painter.drawBatch():-1

BatchProcessor.finishBatch():-1

starling.rendering::Painter.finishMeshBatch():-1

starling.rendering::Painter.drawMask():-1

starling.display::DisplayObjectContainer.render():-1

feathers.controls::LayoutGroup.render():-1

feathers.controls::LayoutGroup.render():-1

starling.core::Starling.render():-1

starling.core::Starling.nextFrame():-1

starling.core::Starling.onEnterFrame():-1

• 34. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                                            deesharm Adobe Employee

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply.

It will be very helpful for us if you can share a sample project for further investigation.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

• 35. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                                              Harry248 Level 1

Not working for me too on older iOS devices (< iPhone 5s). Also getting the ArgumentError: Error #3672: Buffer creation failed. Internal error.

• 36. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                                                timoisalive Level 1

I must have something wrong in my project if no-one else is experiencing a similar crash, but I'll share this anyway.

Here's my minimal project which crashes on AIR 24 but not on AIR 23.

Dropbox - test-project-2.zip

As I first thought it was somehow Feathers related, I've posted more details here:

AIR 24 packaging issue · Issue #1500 · BowlerHatLLC/feathers · GitHub

• 37. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                                                  fengy12353241 Level 1

I put a IPA package in this URL.

http://cdn.heyshell.com/yttx/apk/yttxthnew-iphone-dev-iosth-7.6.0-6.4.0.0-20161124-115725. ipa

I test it use iphone5c and ipad4, both of them are crashed. My iphone7 is right.

But when I use AIR 23 SDK, all of them are right.

There are some crash log in my ipad. It seems have relationship with the net work.

Thank you for your help.

My telephone number is +86 13301251215. If you have other questions, welcome to call my.

Nov 25 11:15:02 kaixinde-iPad kernel[0] <Notice>: 194503.048938 wlan0.A[36836] AppleBCMWLANNetManager::updateRxDataRSSI(): Rx Data Rssi -103 dBm is out of range?

Nov 25 11:15:08 kaixinde-iPad mediaserverd[97] <Error>: 11:15:08.176 [0x3f0f000] No read permission for property: 'ovrd'; session id: 0x61403

Nov 25 11:15:08 kaixinde-iPad mediaserverd[97] <Error>: 11:15:08.177 [0x3f0f000] No read permission for property: 'ovrd'; session id: 0x61403

Nov 25 11:15:08 kaixinde-iPad mediaserverd[97] <Error>: 11:15:08.179 [0x3f0f000] No read permission for property: 'ovrd'; session id: 0x61403

Nov 25 11:15:08 kaixinde-iPad mediaserverd[97] <Error>: 11:15:08.179 [0x3f0f000] No read permission for property: 'ovrd'; session id: 0x61403

Nov 25 11:15:34 kaixinde-iPad ??????PK[8219] <Warning>: Extension Initialized

Nov 25 11:15:34 kaixinde-iPad ??????PK[8219] <Warning>: Context Created

Nov 25 11:15:34 kaixinde-iPad ??????PK[8219] <Warning>: Restore Called over

Nov 24 11:39:35 kaixinde-iPad My App[6814] <Error>: Could not successfully update network info during initialization.

Nov 24 11:39:35 kaixinde-iPad My App[6814] <Warning>: registerForRemoteNotificationTypes: is not supported in iOS 8.0 and later.

Nov 24 11:39:36 kaixinde-iPad My App[6814] <Warning>: getProducts Called..

Nov 24 11:39:36 kaixinde-iPad assistivetouchd[356] <Warning>: Received memory warning.

Nov 24 11:39:36 kaixinde-iPad nsurlstoraged[272] <Error>: The read-connection to the DB=/var/root/Library/Caches/IAPCrazyDemond/Cache.db is NOT valid.  Unable to determine schema version.

Nov 24 11:39:36 kaixinde-iPad nsurlstoraged[272] <Error>: ERROR: unable to determine file-system usage for FS-backed cache at /var/root/Library/Caches/IAPCrazyDemond/fsCachedData. Errno=13

Nov 24 11:39:36 kaixinde-iPad discoveryd[77] <Notice>: Basic DeviceInformation Memory Pressure Warning sent: pressure

Nov 24 11:39:37 kaixinde-iPad SpringBoard[42] <Warning>: Application 'UIKitApplication:com.xxxxxxxxxxxxx[0x7678]' was killed by jetsam.

• 38. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                                                    deesharm Adobe Employee

Hi Timo,

Thanks for sharing the project.

The problem seems to be related to feathers only. It works completely fine if I remove feathers from the sample project that you shared. We are investigating it further at our end.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

• 39. Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS
                                                                                      timoisalive Level 1

Thanks Deesharm, good to hear!

1 2 Previous Next