3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2008 10:44 AM by Ansury

Post request fails after opening a pdf via flex

e_=_mc2
      Hi, I have form which posts data to a server. The server processes the data and sends a flex response, which is opened in new window. In the flex application, i have a button which on click creates a pdf which opens in a new browser window. Everything works fine for 5 or 6 cycle. After that process stops when i submit the form, the server doesn't even get the request. In the flex window when i skip generating the pdf steps,everything seems working fine for any number of requests.
        • 1. Re: Post request fails after opening a pdf via flex
          ntsiii Level 3
          "...button which on click creates a pdf ..." How is that happening?
          Tracy
          • 2. Re: Post request fails after opening a pdf via flex
            Ansury Level 3
            Hmmmm. It sounds like you're doing what we're doing for PDF generation, but I'm not sure what you mean by "flex window". Is this hitting a Java servlet? If you're clicking a Flex button "link" and sending data to a servlet using URLRequest, I do the same.

We haven't tested for 7+ attempts yet, that I know of. I will see if I can reproduce this myself. First (possibly stupid) thought that comes to mind is maybe connections are being left open. Are you closing the output stream? (assuming Java..) i.e.
            servletOutputStream.flush();
            servletOutputStream.close();

What browser are you using?

Another possibility (if you're not using AlivePDF and you're generating the pdf server side) is that a reporting tool or other code you are using in the servlet is blowing up and trapping an exception it shouldn't be.

Or are you using the AlivePDF servlet trick with Flex side PDF generation?
            • 3. Re: Post request fails after opening a pdf via flex
              Ansury Level 3
              Sorry, I'm unable to reproduce the same problem. We'll need more feedback.