Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes while launching due to a serious error

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I launch my ID, it crashes due to a serious error. Just once in a while it starts without problems. It's ID CC and it's up to date. I only get this crash when launching ID, my other Adobe programs don't have this problem and I never had problems with ID before until now, it came out of the blue...

Any help is much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Today someone came over to check my ID and PC, and after searching and trying for a long time, he found out the problem is probably my virus scanner. I use G Data, and when I turn off the G Data guard, ID starts without any problem. We don't know how G Data affects the launching of ID, and why only ID and why now, but it is the solution to my problem. When ID is fully started, I can turn on the guard again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could also try and reset preferences it helped me when this happened

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it's not helping..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the issue encountered by you. Can you please try following steps below:

• Clear preferences and cache and try to launch again?

• Please apply the latest update and see if the issue is still reproducible?

• Do you still face an issue if you directly install InDesign on a fresh machine?

• Does the issue happens on other machines also?

If the issue still exists, can you please try the following information:

• System Configuration

Regards,

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today someone came over to check my ID and PC, and after searching and trying for a long time, he found out the problem is probably my virus scanner. I use G Data, and when I turn off the G Data guard, ID starts without any problem. We don't know how G Data affects the launching of ID, and why only ID and why now, but it is the solution to my problem. When ID is fully started, I can turn on the guard again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the options in the virus scanner to see if there is a way to ignore InDesign.exe, especially when scanning on launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines