2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2008 6:19 AM by Newsgroup_User

implementing text to bitmap or path conversion for text rotation.

@diti
      Hi all,
      I have a problem regarding text rotation i have the text on which ive implemented rotation but embeded or device fonts can't be edited while rotating, they just disappears, instead text must be converted to path or bitmap to displayed when it's rotatated.

how can i do that can anybody please tell me?
      please reply:)
        • 1. Re: implementing text to bitmap or path conversion for text rotation.
          Greg Dove Level 4
          You could consider using Degrafa.
          Degrafa has built in support for this with RasterText, as well as letting you do things like Gradient Fills/BitmapFills etc in the text (all the masking to achieve that is internalized). Degrafa lets you target a graphics context to render the text to and also has its own transforms that you can use on the text.

Take a look here, and check out the source code with view source:

http://degrafa.org/samples/#text

RasterText works with device fonts as well as embedded fonts. Alpha is not currently available, but that will be added before too long.

• 2. Re: implementing text to bitmap or path conversion for text rotation.
            Level 7

"@diti" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:ghaiog$paa$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hi all,
            > I have a problem regarding text rotation i have the text on which ive
            > implemented rotation but embeded or device fonts can't be edited while
            > rotating, they just disappears, instead text must be converted to path or
            > bitmap to displayed when it's rotatated.
            >
            > how can i do that can anybody please tell me?
            > please reply:)

Set the blendMode on the text to "layer" instead of embedding.