• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC Pages/Swatches Panel Malfunctioning

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m working on this new dell laptop computer my company gave me for about 4 months (they are anti macs) and I have never had so many issues trying to work with my design programs!

In particular, InDesign CC keeps malfunctioning to the point where I get so annoyed and need to uninstall and reinstall constantly to correct the issues. Then these glitches start up the very next day. I have tried to trash my preferences but on program start up, it never gives me the option to reset after I [Shift+Ctrl+Alt]. I have tried trashing them by going into preference files [\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\Version] and the issue still won’t correct itself.

InDesign’s Master Pages will not show me a thumbnail preview in the pages panel anymore. I can get to my master by clicking the Master’s text name “A-Master, B-Master etc” but I can no longer click on a particular page in the panel. I have tried adjusting the panel view already. For my normal pages, the scrolling bar disappears. If I move the mouse wheel down I can scroll through SOME pages, but once I reach a certain number I have to manually extend the Pages Panel in order to see them. The only way I can get to some pages is by manually typing in the page number at the bottom where you run through pages. Even if I make the pages view horizontal it still hides pages from me unless I extend the panel or type in the page numbers to where the panel cannot be extended.

In my swatches panel… the bottom icons “Delete, New Swatch, New Color Group, Swatch Views” disappear. I can only delete swatches etc by clicking them individually in the list view. BUT I also have the same problem with the panel not scrolling. I have to extend the panel down to click on colors.

CURRENT SPECS:

InDesign CC (2015.4 Release)

11.4.1.102 x64 Build

Dell Precision 5510.

Windows 10 Pro

Intel® Core™ i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz

GB RAM

SSD 512 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Dell p2715q External Monitor

OTHER ISSUES

Program scaling: I have to restart my computer every time I hook it up to another external display. For some reason InDesign does not scale to the external monitor it is on and then back to a different one. It seems to only register one monitor at a time and store that information.

InDesign also randomly disables my “W” shortcut key for preview/normal view. If I manually click the Preview and Normal view icon on my tool bar and then try my “W” shortcut key, the shortcut starts to work again.

Can anyone help me with any of these? I am a mac user and don’t know a lot of about the PC world. Any help or push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I really miss my mac and I’m trying to make the best of this PC. I can’t tell if it’s the computer or the program or both in a lot of cases.

TIA!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Panel problems are usually fixed by resetting the prefs: Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've already tried that. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines