6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2016 10:14 AM by chadv30503923

Installing Coldfusion 2016 with OS X Server

chadv30503923

I recently installed CF 2016 standard on El Capitan 10.11.6. Once I had CF installed I installed OS X server 5.2. I originally tried installing OS X server prior to installing CF but every time I would receive an error when running the connector after install. By installing OS X server after installing CF I was able to get the connector to run. OS X server works with Apache. I believe OS X ties into the pre-packaged installation of Apache that is included in El Capitan but I am not 100% sure.

The issue I am now having is that when a place .cfm files in the root directory it shows the text rather than running the code. I checked the apache server.xml file and it appears the root directory is the default CF wwwroot. I placed the website files in the root directory and still only see text instead of running code.

I have full access to the CF Admin panel, and can change any settings, so I am pretty sure it installed ok.

I am not real knowledgeable with running terminal.

Is this a connector issue? Or is there something I am missing?

Any help would be appreciated!

• 1. Re: Installing Coldfusion 2016 with OS X Server
          abhjha Adobe Employee

Hi Chad,

Could you please recreate the connector and check again.

• 2. Re: Installing Coldfusion 2016 with OS X Server
            chadv30503923 Level 1

Is there a way to reconfigure the connector without reinstalling?

I renamed the connector file to allow it to run the connector config again... The following are the results.

Running the ColdFusion 2016 connector wizard

======================================================================

Configuring the web server connector (Launched on the first run of the ColdFusion server start script)

Running /private/etc/apache2 connector wizard...

===============================================================

There was an error while running the connector wizard

Connector installation was not successful

If the connector has already been configured, rename the script cfusion/bin/cf-connectors.sh to prevent the connector from configuring again.

===============================================================

Configuring ColdFusion 2016 to start on system init.

Creating the ColdFusion 2016 start script /Library/StartupItems/ColdFusion2016/ColdFusion2016

mkdir: /Library/StartupItems/ColdFusion2016: File exists

Install complete

============================================================================

Start ColdFusion as "./coldfusion start" to run ColdFusion as non-root user.

• 3. Re: Installing Coldfusion 2016 with OS X Server
              abhjha Adobe Employee

Hi Chad,

It seems that the connector already exists. Could you please remove the existing connector and recreate it again using the wsconfig utility. (Coldfusion2016/cfusion/runtime/bin)

• 4. Re: Installing Coldfusion 2016 with OS X Server
                chadv30503923 Level 1

When I attempt to run wsconfig I get the following...

Last login: Tue Nov  8 13:06:53 on ttys001

/Applications/ColdFusion2016/cfusion/runtime/bin/wsconfig ; exit;

insmn:~ cveldhouse$ /Applications/ColdFusion2016/cfusion/runtime/bin/wsconfig ; exit;

Error: Could not find or load main class com.adobe.coldfusion.connector.connectorinstaller.ConnectorInstaller

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

• 5. Re: Installing Coldfusion 2016 with OS X Server
                  chadv30503923 Level 1

I will try uninstalling the trial version of CF 2016 and install an older version. Hopefully this is an issue with 2016 and not all versions. Maybe I will wait to upgrade until the next version comes out.

• 6. Re: Installing Coldfusion 2016 with OS X Server
                    chadv30503923 Level 1

It appears this is an issue with CF16. I was able to install both CF 10 and CF 11. For now I will install my lic version CF 10 and see if future versions are more reliable.

Thank you for your help.