4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2016 7:58 AM by YUVIB

Animate CC - Extensions Issues

YUVIB

Hey everybody,  my name is yuval, im an animator.

There are several extensions that i got in CS3 and have to find them for Animate CC in order to start working.

* "New Anim Clip"

* "Replace Library names" (for all the chosen objects in the library together at once)

* "go to frame"  (less important)

is anyone knows where can i find them, or maybe some of them are built in "animate CC" already?

thanks

• 1. Re: Animate CC - Extensions Issues
          just.emma Level 4

Found this through a quick Google search: Flash Extensions

If they work in Flash CC I assume they will probably still work in Animate CC.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Animate CC - Extensions Issues
            YUVIB Level 1

Hey, thank u for your reply.

I found the monkey site quickly as well,  the specific extension I was looking for is not working – "libapend" – replace library names at once.

I thought u will come out with more professional solution.. something that is related to adobe maybe.

I will be thankful if u can help me, i moved to "flash professional 2015" instead of "animate cc" but I still cannot work until I have this extension.  Thank you

• 3. Re: Animate CC - Extensions Issues
              just.emma Level 4

Can't you just use Find and Replace?

To find and replace symbols, search for a symbol by name. Replace a symbol with another symbol of any type—movie clip, button, or graphic.

• Select Edit > Find and Replace.

• Select Symbol from the For pop‑up menu.

• For Name, select a name from the pop‑up menu.

• Under Replace With, for Name select a name from the pop‑up menu.

• To select the next occurrence of the specified symbol on the Stage and edit it in place, select Live Edit.

Note: Only the next occurrence is selected for editing, even if you select Find All in the next step.

• To find a symbol, do one of the following:

• To find the next occurrence of the specified symbol, click Find Next.
                • To find all occurrences of the specified symbol, click Find All.
              • To replace a symbol, do one of the following:

• To replace the currently selected occurrence of the specified symbol, click Replace.
                • To replace all occurrences of the specified symbol, click Replace All.
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Animate CC - Extensions Issues
                YUVIB Level 1

First, I didn’t know about this feature, so thank u for that (I was wondering and asking the support team also if there is an inside feature which replace the extension I was looking for).

let me take a second look on this one,  at the first look I'm not sure it solves my problem but I will come back to u on this one..

and while we are on the subject, I'm looking for "goto frame" (not action script and stuff), only picking a number and the scroller of the timeline will jump right to this frame.

And one more thing,  as you know- double click on the symbol takes you inside it on the same frame, so what I want is- that I will be able to click on the timeline and by pressing a shortcut, it will take me inside on the same frame I was at. (did I explain it well?)

thank u for your time, its appreciated.