Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE crashes shortly after starting up

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This problem started only a few days ago. Every time I start up after effects, it crashes shortly after it loads the program. The menus and everything show up, but if i click on any project to open, or click New Project, or even just let it idle, and switch back to it, itll freeze, and not give me any kind of error report.

I've tried uninstalling and installing every version from 2015-2017 (just came out today) and it still happens. I also reinstalled all of my gpu drivers, and deleted all the app preferences AE might have had. I deleted any plugin's that were installed, and nothing works.

I've also tried keeping caps lock on when clicking on a project to load, so it wont render anything.  Nothing works. Not having this problem on any other adobe program either.

Im on a windows 10 machine, and have two 980ti gpu's with updated drivers. Im not sure whats going on.

Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I just tried installing an older version i havent tried yet (2015.0 release) and it works fine.

updating to any version above this results in a crash after loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try using an older driver for your GPUs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines