4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 5:01 PM by CoSA_DaveS

New Start Here only gives error

Veldryn Level 1

It keep creating a new folder here \Documents\Adobe\Character Animator\Beta\Getting Started Project [Beta 5] 4

but then gives a long compiler source error (random number ending in.json)

This on top of issues with Cinema 4D Lite. I really love and dread CC updates

How do I view the new Start Here project?

• 1. Re: New Start Here only gives error
          DanTull Adobe Employee

Strange, is there anything unusual about your Documents directory path? Is it redirected to a network share or have a quota that would be causing a failure to write  or read files there?

Can you post the exact error message? That might provide a clue for what's going wrong here.

Thanks,

Dan Tull

• 2. Re: New Start Here only gives error
            Veldryn Level 1

No there is nothing unusual about my setup. Everything on C Drive, auto installed wherever it would naturally go.

However once I restarted everything to write down the error, It seemed to load up fine. So I'm not sure what changed.

Thank you

• 3. Re: New Start Here only gives error
              DanTull Adobe Employee

Darn, I never like to have a bug get away, but I'm glad it worked itself out.

One possible explanation is that a search or other indexer had a lock on one of the files that caused a failure during the copying or loading of the copied project. I have a script for simulating such conditions and may try to recreate your error based on that hypothesis.

Thanks for taking the time to report and of course if you see it (or any other issues) again, definitely pass them along.

Thanks! -- Dan Tull

• 4. Re: New Start Here only gives error
                CoSA_DaveS Adobe Employee

Depending on the type of error, clicking the refresh button (two arrows pointing at each other in the bottom right corner of the scene panel) may get you past it.