9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2016 4:18 PM by D.A.R

send to SD card

jamesp48006951

Is it possible to transfer Lightroom Photographs bac to an SD card?

• 1. Re: send to SD card
          dj_paige Level 9

Sure, you export the photos and select a destination on the SD card (or use your operating system to put it there).

• 2. Re: send to SD card
            jamesp48006951 Level 1

This email did NOT answer my question…I’m sorry. Lightroom only gives me these options for a destination:  Email, Hard Drive, and CD/Hard Drive.  Editing on Lightroom is quick and extremely easy but moving them from one place to another is cryptic at best.  If this problem cannot be solved I might as well delete it and try to find a program that is far more user friendly.

• 3. Re: send to SD card
              Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

Choose Export to: Hard drive.

Under Export location, choose Specific folder, then click Choose, and navigate to the SD card.

• 4. Re: send to SD card
                jamesp48006951 Level 1

I finally found a solution.  On the Export page, in the “Export To” square I entered “Hard Drive”.  I presumed that that was where I wound have seen “SD Card, but it did not have that option.  With “Image Format” as JPEG I exported it. and it transferred there.  Then I simply dragged the pictures to the Nikon 5300 icon and I had what I wanted.  If Adobe would make an option that would make it possible to export directly to the SD card the whole setup would be 100 times better.  Or maybe there was something I was just missing in your instructions.  Anyway…it is now easy to do what I wanted.  Thank you very much and have a great day   James Peet

• 5. Re: send to SD card
                  dj_paige Level 9

The option you want is there. Per Berntsen explained how to do this in his reply above.

• 6. Re: send to SD card
                    ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

It might be helpful to understand why you want to put the JPGs on the SD card.

It should be noted that it is very unlikely that the camera will be able to display these edited images.

• 7. Re: send to SD card
                      jamesp48006951 Level 1

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; }  I think I'll be okay with it.  I needed a way to take them to where I could have them 

made into pictures that I can give for Christmas.  They looked okay.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

• 8. Re: send to SD card
                        jamesp48006951 Level 1

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; }  I do so to use my SD to carry my photos to a computer that will print photographs.  You may be correct about quality but I hope they will be able to do so after I have done the editing.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone