Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Runtimes / Reader Distribution License Agreement

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We want to provide our Windows 7 clients with the latest Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader DC.

Last time it was possibly to download the software without any registration.

Nowadays I see that a registration is required, the so called 'Adobe Reader Distribution License Agreement'.

Can anyone inform me if the new license requires a payment to use Reader and Flash?

I'm sorry if the question has already been asked.

Kind Regards,

Luuk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Hi gerryb29980864 ,

There shouldn't be a fee for 150 workstation.  Go ahead and request the distribution license for Flash Player and Reader.  You should receive an email with the download links within 2 - 3 business days.  If you don't receive it, post back here and I'll follow-up with the licensing team.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While the download links were accessible, a distribution license was always required.

For most use cases there is no fee for a distribution license.  According to the Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe  page:

Royalty-free Flash Player distribution is limited to specific desktop and laptop operating systems. Distribution restrictions are specified in the license agreement. Distribution on devices is subject to a licensing fee and different licensing terms.  Please contact an Adobe Mobile & Devices representative if you are interested in licensing Flash Player for distribution on digital home devices.

I don't work on Reader, but suspect it's similar. 

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

Thanks for your answer.

So if I fill in the online form, will Adobe inform me if I require a paid license?

And if so, do I have to pay first before getting the download links?

I don't want to get any unwanted suprises afterwards.

Greetings,

Luuk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI gerryb29980864 ,

I totally understand your concern.  I'll forward your questions to the licensing team.  Based on your previous posts you just want to distribute Flash Player within your organization.  How many copies are you going to distribute (e.g. how may systems will have Flash Player installed)?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Maria,

We would like to provide 150 Windowsclients with Flash Player.

Greetings,

Luuk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi gerryb29980864 ,

There shouldn't be a fee for 150 workstation.  Go ahead and request the distribution license for Flash Player and Reader.  You should receive an email with the download links within 2 - 3 business days.  If you don't receive it, post back here and I'll follow-up with the licensing team.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines