• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open Acrobat Tracker from System Tray

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since upgrading to Acrobat DC, I can no longer open Tracker from the System Tray. When double-clicking the Tracker icon in the System Tray, Acrobat opens with an error message of "There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found." I can still open Tracker, however, by opening Acrobat and clicking on View > Tracker. Am I doing something wrong, or is opening Tracker from the System Tray no longer an option?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mldmanrptr,

Please share a screenshot for the same and you may refer to the link below for it:

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Also you may refer to this link for tracking and managing PDF and see if it helps:

Tracking and managing PDF reviews

Let me know if the issue still persists.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing to show in a screenshot. Tracker works fine with Acrobat open and clicking on View > Tracker. When double clicking on the Tracker icon in the System Tray, Acrobat opens, but Tracker does not. This started happening on multiple PCs when we went to Acrobat DC. Is this a known bug, or does Tracker no longer work this way by design?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot is not very informative. Tracker system tray error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was once possible to open the Review Tracker simply by double-clicking on the system tray icon (acrotray.exe). For the time being, this is no longer the case. I experimented with having 0, 1, and 2 files open with no differences in behavior. I'm attaching part 2 of the error message.

Tracker system tray error part 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My whole team has exactly the same issue in Acrobat DC. I've reported the issue to Adobe a while ago, but haven't heard anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, 5 installs on Windows 7 Prof. 64 bit machines. Hello Adobe what are you doing?

With Acrobat 10 and 11 this was not a problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have "fixed" the problem by forcing an installation of an old version of Acrobat (2015.006.30033). This is not an acceptable solution in the long run though. We have a subscription and of course we'd like to be able to use the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines