• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoschop CC 2017 Artboard Resizing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they remove the ability to resize artboards with the artboard tool? I mean the handles on the edge of the board, similar to the transform handles. Or am I just missing something?

Edit: Found the answer myself: the handles are still there, they are just not displayed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the tips, must be an error, I don't see how new users or even current will figure this out without searching. Bad UX to my point of view!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is definitely not obvious at all. It's hidden and out of sight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes had the same issue with the new Photoshop CC2017.  However, when I click on the artboard within my layers and set the height option in the Properties panel, the handles come back. 

This is Definitely a Glitch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't resize my artboard, only through "Properties"

Very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Incredibly annoying to take away the transform handles from the artboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is going in the wrong direction. I don't if it is because the CEO is not from USA, so they roll out whatever they want ... more like a dictatorship. This is got to be the worst decision that adobe has decided. New Product Manager please. Stop trying to re-event something that has been working for a long time. Your ideas need to be re-shelved. How can you just change something that people have used for many many many years and just like that... . You are crazy. We pay monthly fees to get the best product not a degrading product. Your Product Designer has poor design skills. Fix it !!!!! Your company is becoming less reliable. You are breaking standards to introduce new ideas that actually SUCK!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My artboard transform handles have disappeared as well. Just recently.

The good news is, with the artboard selected with the artboard/move tool, you can hover over the corners of the artboard and see that you get the resize tool.

I much prefer to have my 8 handles back for horizontal and vertical resizing, but at least this technique got me out of trouble.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is tricky, and the behavior certainly changed. Just bring back the handles.

Thanks for the work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the problem that I could sometimes use the resize handles and sometimes not, but I figured it out and know now how it works:

Hover just next to the  sign to the sides of the artboard  and there suddenly the resize handles will appear. But only on those 4 very small spots.

It was so frustrating before I figured this out that I might help somebody else by pointing this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I friggin HATE PSD Fartboards! ( At least the initial UI hump(in my rump)! )

I've used artboards in Illustrator for ever and just started using one in Photoshop for an animated gif that's based on an Adobe Template file... and I am lost, stuck irritated and wasting valuable time.

Not meaning to be a Troll, but I've been using the Adobe Suites since 1999 and I am banging my head with this... Xxx minutes clunking around trying to figure out how to get around, and just to resize the artboard on my own, before looking for directions here outside of my workflow and project... yuck...

I've used artboards in Illustrator for ever and this is my first time using (failing miserably) artboards in Photoshop for an animated gif that's based on an Adobe Template file... I am lost, stuck irritated and wasting valuable time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Artboards are ANNOYING. At the very least, if I'm trying to crop something, the artboard should change size. Adobe Photoshop, go back to what made you popular to begin with. If we wanted to use Illustrator, we would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines