Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to use CC 2017 on High DPI displays

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've been using Dreamweaver CC 2015 for quite some time now with my 4K display but I can't get CC 2017 to work correctly on this screen.

I turn off Windows DPI Scaling for Dreamweaver because I need the actual 1:1 pixel scale to work with my web designs but the application windows won't fit correctly. It's nearly impossible to use. Is this a known issue? Does it work ok on a Mac with 5K screen?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2017 is not high DPI aware.

We'll be waiting at least one more upgrade before it functions correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I tought, Jon. Thanks! I'll stick with 2015 for a while then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before proceeding with the downgrade could you please try setting the text and folder size to 100% and let me know if that works?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm downgrading too because at least the 2015 version was usable with scaling disabled. I can't use Dreamweaver 2017 on my 4K monitor. Everything is too small without scaling to at least 150%. I'm very disappointed as I was really hoping the 2017 update would fix things. Please fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! With scaling off I don't get my actual resolution and it's really hard to work. Not to mention the blurred text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be assured that our team is onto it and hopefully this issue will be addressed in future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the following solution? I got this recommendation from my team for users on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

1. Close Dreamweaver
  2. In the location where Dreamweaver has been installed on your computer, look for Dreamweaver. exe
  3. Select Properties
  4. In the Compatibility tab, uncheck the option "Disable Display scaling on Hi DPI settings"

disable_display_setting_dw.png

Than

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the first thing I tried after installing the update to Dreamweaver. The problem with this solution is that parts of the GUI get cut off and it is unusable. This didn't happen with Dreamweaver 2015. That's why it is impossible to use with scaling disabled. The only way to use Dreamweaver 2017 on hidpi displays is to keep scaling enabled and deal with the blurry interface and text. That's why it is disappointing for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear that. This is the best possible solution I have for now. I will update this forum post when I have something of value to ad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what insitemotion​ says, Preran​.

The only possible way to use Dreamweaver 2017 on a High DPI display, at least on Windows, is with system DPI scaling ON and deal with the blurry texts and pixel scaling. The latter can be "solved" by using the new Live Browser Preview (which is awesome) instead of the software.

With DPI scaling OFF (1:1 pixels and no blurry text) looks like the interface won't work correctly:

Dreamweaver-DPI-OFF.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have shared this information with the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Preran!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luiz,

Thank you for all the details you have provided. Just to better understand this scenario I want to ask few questions:

1. With DPI scaling OFF, Do you mean checking ​the check-box "Disable display scaling with High DPI settings" ?

2. If Yes, then when you un-check that checkbox, then DW UI looks better in terms of truncation. Please confirm.

3. Was the mentioned check-box selected for you by default ?

Just want to share that DW is not yet High DPI aware and behaves unusal with High DPI settings. But be assured that our team is working on it and this will be addressed in future releases.

Thanks,

Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, lnayal​. Here goes the answers:

1. I'm using a UHD 4K resolution but Windows is scaling some interfaces that aren't optimized for this resolution using a factor of 150%. It's a system setting. It automatically applies that if I'm using a big screen (even at Full HD) or a High DPI display. So you are correct, when I mean DPI scaling OFF I mean CHECKING the "disable display scaling". In other words, I'm telling Windows not to use the 150% scale specifically on that software.
  2. If I uncheck that box, which means letting Dreamweaver be scaled up by Windows, the interface looks like it should be (its windows are in place) but I get two problems: blurry texts (because I'm telling Windows to visually stretch 1px to 1.5px) and a different resolution of the Live Code preview
  3. The first time I opened Dreamweaver 2017 I let the software use its default setting (which was box unchecked = DPI scaling ON). But I noticed everything was blurry and as I already know what that means I checked the box myself (=DPI scaling OFF) and restarted the app. That's when I noticed the interface wouldn't behave as it should. I did this to Dreamweaver 2015 but the interface scaled correctly back then with DPI scaling off.

I'm sure the team is working on it, thanks for listening to us

Feel free to ask any questions you need and sorry if I was confusing somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

We have fixed layout issues seen with High DPI montiors. (including preferences dialog going blank, buttons truncated etc.)

Please note that its not a complete support for High DPI, hence text is still small.

Details availabe below:

Dreamweaver 2017.0.1 is now live

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys rock. Thanks a lot. My issues are fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming Tatazildo. So glad to hear that your issues are fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the update and this update definitely helps with usability. How much longer until we get full high DPI support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Insitemotion,

We are currently working on full High DPI support but it is a huge amount of work (coding and testing).

But definitely this will be part of upcoming releases.

Thanks,

Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was eager to upgrade to adobe 2017 as I have a 4k monitor in cold storage waiting for the right moment to use. Right now I have instead been using a 2k monitor for my photoshop cs5.5  which I find very suitable.

I thought this was the moment as I was about to upgrade my 5dm3 to m4 which needs an adobe cc or adobe 2017 to run acr as I shoot all the time in raw.

Hope when the time comes for adobe photoshop being able to support a 4k monitor, I hope I can be informed with an email from adobe. That is the time to use a gtx1080 and an intel 7700k to drive it.

waiting for the good news to come.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the full cloud but very unhappy with Photoshop CC on my 4K.  A lot of professionals are upgrading to 4K.  My laptop is an i7, 16 gb, 1tb ssd with 4K.  i have multiple laptops with three adobe licenses. When is a fix for 4K expected.  I do professional dance photography part-time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Dreamweaver Forum.  You should ask in the Photoshop General Discussion  Forum.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it didn't say Dreamweaver. Said trouble using hi res displays on 2017 CC. Though some who figured it out might be helpful. So to have intruded in your forum.  P.S.  I also have Dreamweaver 2017 CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines