This is exciting news! A few questions for you:
- Does Premiere Pro CC 2017 use CEP 7.0 yet or are we still on CEP 6.1?
- What does the QE in "QE DOM" stand for (for those of us who are new to this ecosystem)?
- In another context, we discussed changes to the api_doc.html page but that didn't seem to get updated with this latest commit. Is there something further coming with respect to this?
Thanks for all the work that went into this!
1. CEP 6.1
2. "Quality Engineering"
3. Yep, looks like I stomped my own changes—will update soon.
- What's the situation with the CEP versions? Any particular reason things aren't moving in lockstep?
- Understood! Thanks!
- Great! Thanks for the update!
Different apps have different time available in their schedules, for integrating shared Adobe tech.
For 11.0 (a.k.a. CC2017), we focused on adding to PPro's API, rather than integrating CEP7, which became available "out of phase" with the start of our dev cycle.
is there a compelling CEP7 feature or fix, for which you're hoping?
There aren't any specific features that we require in CEP7 [at present], more of an interest in seeing a consistent landscape for development. While we're starting with building an extension in Premiere Pro, we are considering extending into other applications as well. Having a "unified" environment would just be helpful
I can see your great news regarding: "...Panels can now access and modify nearly all characteristics of clips in sequences (without resorting to QE DOM subterfuge)..."
I can definitely access the clips and their characteristics, but I cannot modify them. In particular, I'd like to modify the clip's start, inPoint and duration. I tried the assign-operator, but that wouldn't help (I guess those attributes are "read-only"). Is there any other way of doing that ?
Not yet modifiable, Harel.
Thanks a lot for your prompt answer.
1) Is there any dirty way around it today ? Can I, using the C++ SDK or ExtendScript delete the item and re-import it with the correct attributes ?
2) Do we have some kind of ETA when will it be modifiable ?
1. Perhaps, but I'd need a full overview (from a user's perspective) of the workflows you'd like to support.
2. No, we have no ETA we can provide.
Do we still have the "Due to the io.js move, Node.js and the Browser context don’t talk to each other anymore." issue in PPro?
I just enameled node on a panel and it broke all my jquery code so I assume yes, but not sure my manifest is setup correctly.
I checked out your example panel update and saw you're enabling node.js but can't see where's it's used anywhere.