2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2016 1:11 PM by Just Shoot Me

!File cannot be found

ct52

How do I reload the images into my LR catalogue when I get the message !File cannot be found. The images are in my catalogue/library, but I cannot work on them or export them. I have the images on a memory card, but the program does not let me check/load "darkened images" in order to reload. What to do?

• 1. Re: !File cannot be found
          dj_paige Level 9

This happens because the photos have been moved, renamed or deleted outside of Lightroom. First, you need to find the exact location of the photo(s) on your hard disk(s) in question, using your operating system's search feature. Once you know where they are located, you can reconnect the photos inside of Lightroom using these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders There is no importing in this process.

IMPORTANT CONCEPT: You import photos one time only. Never re-import a photo. This won't solve your problem.

IMPORTANT CONCEPT 2: Once photos have been imported into LR, you should not be using your operating system to manage the photos unless you want to have to reconnect them inside of LR each time.

• 2. Re: !File cannot be found
            Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Those image files are already imported into the Lr catalog file.

As stated above you moved or deleted them from the original place they were when you imported them and now LR can't find them.