• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Error - Files Could Not Be Read

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read a ton of threads with this same issue, and tried all the suggestions but it's still not working.

When I try to upload I get the error "files were not imported because they could not be read."

So far I've tried:

• Checking read/write privileges
  • Keeping import dialog 'destination' section open
  • Resetting preferences file

It's LR 6.1.

Any suggestions? Thank you!!

import errors.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

alysonj wrote:

I read a ton of threads with this same issue, and tried all the suggestions but it's still not working.

When I try to upload I get the error "files were not imported because they could not be read."

So far I've tried:

It's LR 6.1.

import errors.png

This error message means you do not have WRITE permission to the Destination folder. You need to find the Destination folder (

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, update to 6.7: Install Photoshop Lightroom

Please let us know the target location of your import. Do you copy or add in LR import?

What do you mean with Keeping import dialog 'destination' section open ?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alysonj wrote:

So far I've tried:

It's LR 6.1.

import errors.png

This error message means you do not have WRITE permission to the Destination folder. You need to find the Destination folder (it is in the Lightroom Import dialog box on the right hand side under Destination), and then check the permission on that EXACT folder, make sure it has WRITE permission.

You say you have checked the permissions, then obviously you have checked the permissions on the wrong folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had read & write on all the folders for my account.. but there was another "level" that it needed to be granted to. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where to ask this Q.  When importing, it balks at forward slashes in file name.  In the import error window it shows that the / was replaced with a colon (:) but it still won't import.  It ONLY works if I go to the orig file and change the name.  BUT, BIG PROBLEM:  All my photos are used in Indesign and when a finished project is packaged, all files are linked.  If I change the file name, all links will be broken.  I'm talking about several 1000s of photos.

How do I import files without changing the name and wrecking my InDesign work?

Thanks,

Norm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well normp49520190 , you have created a thread with this question, that's the right place for it. You shouldn't put it here in a totally unrelated thread. Everyone put their answers in Norm's other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem with a new version of LR, but using the same external drive as destination. Where exactly do I go to check permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look here:

check permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same error-message, but when I put the files to be  imported on another harddisk there was no problem. So It can also be caused by a faulthy hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines