3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2016 1:06 PM by Szalam

8K rendering? 8192x4096

BernardDigital Level 2

Are rendering frames this large disabled or something? Every time I try to render it fails... There is just some simple color corrections going on... 8bbc

I am trying to render to a tiff sequence at millions of colors...

Thanks!!

• 1. Re: 8K rendering? 8192x4096
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You are probably running out of system resources. Simple color corrections can be incredible system resource hogs. Without knowing your system specs and version of AE down to the last decimal point and without a detailed workflow description it's going to be hard to point you to a solution.

If it's just color correction I would suggest Premiere Pro and Lumetri. It's very well supported and renders quite quickly on a compatible system. 8K is awfully big. I don't know of anything that can play that back in real time except some specialized multi monitor setups. Here's where workflow and project details would also help us help you.

• 2. Re: 8K rendering? 8192x4096
            BernardDigital Level 2

No its not system resources because it would crash on import rather than letting me do my corrections and then instantly failing on export. Seems like a lock out because it would mostly likely crash if you did not have a beefy system like me.

Anyway appears to be lifted in 2017... Same computer just AE 2017 and renders like a champ at 8192x4096

Also I am not asking for your opinion of 8K and what it can play back on... Stay on point

• 3. Re: 8K rendering? 8192x4096
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

BernardDigital wrote:

Anyway appears to be lifted in 2017... Same computer just AE 2017 and renders like a champ at 8192x4096

I'm glad you got it working in the newer version! Yes, CC 2017 has had some big changes under the hood for working with larger sizes of projects. I expect the folks at Adobe are planning for even more advancements in that area for the next versions too!