• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Start RH 7 HTML after reboot

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2008 Dec 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem in that I am unable to start Robohelp 7 HTML after rebooting my PC.
The program works ok after the install, but after the next reboot the program crashes on startup. The process RoboHTML.exe registers for a second or so in the task manager before disappearing.
No errors on event viewer are given. Robohelp 7 for Word and all the utilities are working ok.
Running on Windows XP. Have tried de-installing other software which could be conflicting but to no awail.
Have tried other PCs on company network with same results.
Thanks in advance for any advice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2008 Dec 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Does the login you use when installing have local admin rights? Without those, it will not install correctly.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2008 Dec 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Yes, I have local administrator rights
There must be something happening in the shutdown/reboot process that is affecting Robohelp as the program runs correctly immediately after installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2008 Dec 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next thing I would check would be firewall settings. There has been a similar post, maybe a couple of months back. Might be worth a search.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2008 Dec 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter, The software is running on a company intranet without a firewall ( but with no connection to the internet ). About a month ago I did see a post in the forum with the same symptom recorded ( RoboHTML.exe process disappearing from task manager ) but can no longer find this - I remember the solution was a complete hard drive reformat, which is not an option in my case.
Thanks, Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2008 Dec 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH must be installed on the local PC and, in the absence of source control, the projects must be local.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... RH is installed on the local PC. Projects are local. Source Control is not being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The software is running on a company intranet" and "RH is installed on the local PC."

Which is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Sorry for the confusion, I should have stated :
RH is installed directly on the local PC. The projects are being stored locally on the C drive of the PC. The PC itself is connected to a company intranet rather than to the internet but RH is being used as a standalone application and not using this company network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am making some enquiries. Bear with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp