1 person found this helpful
This has happened to me in the past. I have a post from a previous version of Muse out there somewhere as well (Zak had commented on this, too). For me, the issue happened after testing the phone site in Chrome. I just wanted to see how the layout looked in mobile. What happened next is exactly your issue. The site would render the phone view instead of the desktop.
In order to correct the issue, I had to do the following:
1. Clear cache in all browsers and restart them.
2. On the FTP, I ended up wiping the entire site out - cleared everything.
3. Then I went back to Muse and restarted it after making a back-up of the site.
4. Muse was responding sluggishly so I shut down Outlook and Power Point (I'm on a high end machine but this seemed to help performance)
5. I opened the site I was working on and then re-uploaded the site but made sure I did so in the Plan view, not the phone view.
This corrected the issue. Unfortunately, it happened during my client's event and rendered a small nightmare but 45 minutes later, things resolved. Some speculate that Chrome was looking at my desktop as a mobile device? I never got a solid answers as to what causes this, but your post confirms that it can happen and should be considered by Adobe as an existing and ongoing bug.
I hope this is helpful!
Thanks for your input but unfortunately I have tried that and it seemed to work for a while but just opened up my PC this morning and it's done it again. Might have to dump the mobile site if Adobe can't give me a fix.
I just updated my site and exported it, Muse then opens the local copy of the site in my default browser, and it opens it in... you guessed it, phone version, so this rules out anything to do with my server right? somehow the code that decides which version of the site to open is flawed.
Are you on a wifi connection?
I'm wondering if it thinks you are on a wireless device.
Interesting thought but no it's a desktop connected directly to the hub, the Mac I tried it on is connected by wifi though, It's strange because it doesn't seem to do it if you go to the site via a google search, but when you type the address, have the site as a home page or click on an email link it does occasionally show the problem but not always. infuriating!
Yep. This was the same issue I had with Muse 2015.x. I followed the steps I provided and that seemed ok. If you can try connecting using a wired connection, I would be curious to see if the same problems present themselves when connected via an Ethernet connection.
I'm also wondering if it is rendering that way based on the screen size you are rendering. Again, I have a theory that suggests it has something to do with the browser thinking you are on a mobile device and can differentiate between desktop and mobile - so it gets confused.