3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2016 8:48 AM by Dave LaRonde Branched to a new discussion.

CUDA is not working on after effect (Nvidia GPU)

cchinta

hi

i started using adobe after effect CS6 recently , i have bought Nvidia 980ti.
      now the issue is that rendering is too slow , and when i explor the internet i found the setting ,

Edit>Preference>Previews>GPU information>Ray Tracing

in Ray Tracing there is CPU and i can't click on GPU , It say GPU is not available , Incompatible Device or or display drivers.

in OpenGL it show my grafix card information but in CUDA not showing anything i also checked on nvidia website , my card is in the CUDA category.

can anyone tell me how i can force after effect to use my graphics card to render and do the stuff.

• 1. Re: CUDA is not working on after effect (Nvidia GPU)
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
          now the issue is that rendering is too slow ,

do you mean you are trying to use the ray-tracing renderer features? extruding? bending?

i have bought Nvidia 980ti. in OpenGL it show my grafix card information but in CUDA not showing anything i also checked on nvidia website , my card is in the CUDA category.

your GPU is not listed as supperted GPU for the ray-traced renderer.

After Effects System Requirements for Mac OS and Windows

can anyone tell me how i can force after effect to use my graphics card to render and do the stuff.

if you are a CC subscriber, you should use the CC 2017 that has the C4D Renderer that works on the CPU and not GPU and is much better. the ray-traced renderer is considered obsolete and pale in comparison to the new one. if you insist on trying to add you card to the list there are threads that show how to do it in CS6. How To Enable GPU Cuda in Adobe CS6 for Windows

• 2. Re: CUDA is not working on after effect (Nvidia GPU)
            Dave LaRonde Level 6

I don't know if I'd go straight to CC 2017.  I'd use a previous version.

You see, 2017 is brand-new.  You need to wait for the bug fixes!

The FIRST bug fix typically fixes common bugs -- and who knows, yours may be among them -- but breaks things that once worked just fine.

The SECOND bug fix generally fixes the bugs created by the first bug fix.

In addition you can probably look forward to a third bug fix, which addresses more exotic & rare bugs.

• 3. Re: CUDA is not working on after effect (Nvidia GPU)
              Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

Dave I see you are on a roll here with this copy pasted response. I never thought you would be the one to recycle jokes since you have so many. this version has many good things about it and I would recommend to try it IMMEDIATELY. and besides, if nobody tries it - who exactly is going to report all those bug fixes???