• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding to Media Encoder Queue exports at Comp Resolution

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I send a composition to the Media Encoder Queue in AE 2017 it sets the output resolution to that of the Down Sample Factor Resolution of the Comp. This is incredibly frustrating when I forget to change it and then render something at half or quarter resolution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I send a composition to the Media Encoder Queue in AE 2017

how do you send it? Add to AME Queue or Queue in AME?

it sets the output resolution to that of the Down Sample Factor Resolution of the Comp.

what preset are you using? I was not able to reproduce your problem please write a step by step guide to reproducing this problem. also add your OS version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After last update I have the same problem. OS Windows 10 64-bit, After Effects 2017.0 (version 14.0.0.207), Media Encoder 2017.0, Build 11.0.0.131

I create Composition (for example 1920x1080)

1.jpg

If I send compostion to Media Encoder  with prevew resolution is not "Full" (for example "half")  in After Effects - Media Encoder render it  960 x 540 (not 1920x1080)

2.jpg

It renders with bad quality and wrong resolution and no way to change it in Encoder  . Previous version does not have this problem, but now it is  a big waste of time.

3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the screenshots (and for breaking after effects)

I tested this in my system and indeed there appears to be a bug when using ADD to AME Queue where it gets the resolution from your resolution pop up window. changing it manually won't help as it will upscale a downgraded image. a workaround could be setting the composition resolution pop up to Full before using Add to AME Queue, or use Queue in AME. any reason you are using ADD to AME Queue and not Queue in AME which is a superior method of sending your comps to AME and keep your render settings?  try it

you should file a bug report about this and link to this thread - I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with me. Also, Media Encoder seems much slower than previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is officially a bug: Known issues in After Effects CC 2017  the workaround is easy enough. hopefully the team will get this sorted out soon. about the slowdown: how so? I have not noticed anything being slow. do you have a comparison so that users can check in their system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines