1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2016 7:59 AM by johnrellis

Can I retrieve User Presets (Develop Presets) from a Mac TimeMachine backup?

jasminec42247910

We migrated from a MacBook Pro to another, opened the LR CC catalogue, and everything is fine except we are missing the user presets.

I understand how to find the presets in the hidden library folder of a current active user account by GO (option)>library>application support etc

But can they be retrieved from a time machine back up? I went looking and I can't get to the hidden Library folder.

thanks!

• 1. Re: Can I retrieve User Presets (Develop Presets) from a Mac TimeMachine backup?
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

1. In a regular Finder window, do Go > Go To Folder, enter "~/Library", click Go:

2. In Finder, navigate to the subfolder Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presets.  Make sure that you leave the Finder window selected on top of all your other open windows (very important -- don't click in another window or you'll confuse Time Machine).

3. Click on the Launchpad in the dock:

Type "time machine" to launch the Time Machine.

4. It should open with the Finder window open as you left it, open on Develop Presets.