• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting a Document (iPad Pro)

Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the new release (Nov 2016) of Adobe Draw forgotten how to delete a document from a Project?

Projects can be deleted.

When you select a document that is part of a project, no trash can appears in the bottom left corner. There doesn't seem to be user interface available to simply delete a document (perhaps this is just on an iPad Pro).

The steps are:

1. Have a project opened
  2. Press the ... in the top right
  3. Select Documents

But once you have a document or multiple documents selected, there is no UI to delete the selected documents.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Thanks DW.

I'll let the product team know about this first thing tomorrow (I'm using the smaller Pro too).

Thanks for posting about this.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DW.

It sounds like you may be missing the last step... After you tap "Select Document" from the dropdown menu, it's necessary still to tap on the document that you're trying to Delete (trash can), Duplicate (two squares and +) or Move (document with arrow). That will bring up those options in the lower navigation.

Let me know if that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

I think this is a bug.  There is no lower navigation visible.

Here's a screen shot. There is an empty white bar across the bottom (which has been the navigation bar for other apps). The document is selected. No trash can or other icons present.

Changing orientation doesn't trigger any update of the UI.

Same behaviour for Adobe Sketch.

IMG_0569.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW.

OK. Wow. Yep. That's definitely not right. To eliminate it being a bad installation, can you try uninstalling, restarting your device, then reinstalling the app?

Before you do that though, log in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud  and make sure all your work is synced to Creative Cloud. Don't uninstall the app until everything's synced.

Let me know what happens.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely an iPad Pro 12.7" bug. I've just pulled Adobe Draw down onto 9" screen and the menus appear as expected.

IMG_0070.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DW.

I'll let the product team know about this first thing tomorrow (I'm using the smaller Pro too).

Thanks for posting about this.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the app on the iPad Pro 12" and reinstalling fixed the problem.

Thanks, Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW.

Great. Thanks for letting me know. Still, as you say, sounds like a bug.

Thanks again.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the app on the iPad Pro 12" and reinstalling fixed the problem.

There was no need to restart.

Thanks, Sue.

Here's the summary.

On an iPad Pro 12", Adobe Draw (and Sketch) may lose the icon menus at the bottom of the Project Documents screen after the Nov 2016 update. (Version 3.4)

Without these buttons you cannot delete, duplicate or move the selected documents contained within a project.

To rectify this you need to:

1. Make sure that you are synced back to Creative Cloud, so you don't lose any recent work
  2. Quit Adobe Draw by double tapping the home button and swiping up on Adobe Draw (iOS standard mechanism for deleting running / background apps)
  3. Locate the Adobe Draw app and delete but holding down on the icon for 2 seconds, icons will do the jiggle dance.
  4. Tap the X on the upper right corner
  5. Hit the home button to exit out of the edit mode
  6. Hit the home button once, pause and then again to return to the first page (if you keep App Store on the first page)
  7. Open App Store
  8. Select Purchased in the nav bottom menu
  9. Tap Not on This iPad top tab
  10. Search for Adobe Draw which should have the Cloud download icon
  11. Tap the Cloud download icon
  12. Open Adobe Draw to check (it should remember your Adobe log in status so you shouldn't need to log in again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DW.

Thanks again.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines