3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2016 6:28 AM by john beardsworth

Prevent photos in Mobile from being changed

Cumulocubus

Hi all,

While browsing in Lightroom Mobile, it's easy to accidentally change flag states by sweeping too much up or down.

I have my own way to avoid these unintend edits:

The pictures for a synced collection are first stored in a not-synced collection. Let's call this not-synced collection the 'original collection'. Then I select all pictures and make a new collection from them by making virtual copies. This is the collection that is synced with Mobile. Let's call it the 'synced collection'. If something changes to a picture in the synced collection, the picture in the original selection remains unchanged.

If I suspect things have been changed in a synced collection (by people viewing the pictures on my phone for instance), I remove the synced collection and make a new synced collection starting from the original collection.

This procedure has a few disadvantages.

• Rebuilding the synced collection means slow syncing starts all over again.
      • If you make some (intended) edits to a master photo and you want them in the synced collection too, you have to copy the changes to the virtual copies in the synced collection.
      • If I want to add a picture to a synced collection, I first add it to the original collection, then I make a virtual copy and move the copy to the synced collection.
      • If a picture is in three synced collections, there are three virtual copies for the same picture.
      • It's a lot of overhead

Being able to lock the pictures in some way in Mobile would make life so much easier. Is it possible?

Does anyone has similar problems and/or solutions?

Regards,

Wouter