Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No way of getting LR6 Standalone to start on Surface Pro 4

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried to get Lightroom 6 Standalone version to start on Surface Pro 4 (Windows 10), but the software freezes immediately on the startup, I get the import prompt but nothing in the software responds (I have of course re-installed the software a few times, deleted all the catalog and preference files, etc.). Many posts on the freeze problem have suggested editing the preferences file to disable GPU, but unfortunately I can't do this since Lightroom freezes before it has actually created the preferences file (the folders are created, but the ...\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences is empty). Installing an update for Lightroom is equally impossible, since it has frozen before I even have an opportunity to check for updates. Has anybody succesfully run Lightroom on the Microsoft Surface Pro?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Go to the bottom of this page and follow the instruction to disable the GPU feature without opening LR (Make sure LR is closed).

If that doesn't solve the problem and you have a Nvideo GPU see the middle of that page to roll back the GPU driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My son runs it very well on a Surface Pro 3 (Windows 8, with Photoshop and several CAD design programs)

I run CC2015.7 in Windows-10 on a Dell XPS13 very well.

A reason for your problem? not known.

Can you check 'permissions' on all the drive folders that Lr uses, particularly the   \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\   folder. Full Read/Write permission would be necessary.

Have you managed to created a catalog yet? What folder is the catalog stored in?

You say it stalls at Import, so it must be running. Does the problem start in the Import dialog?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to the bottom of this page and follow the instruction to disable the GPU feature without opening LR (Make sure LR is closed).

If that doesn't solve the problem and you have a Nvideo GPU see the middle of that page to roll back the GPU driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines