• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Not Visible in Scene with Keyboard Triggers Active

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've reverse engineered the Funkenstein and Andrew characters in Ps to see how they are built, but I am unable to drop them into a new scene in Ch. The character PSD's seem to import fine into Ch and I can view the puppet setting but I am unable to see them in a new scene as long as Keyboard Triggers are visible in the track item behaviors panel. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly, those characters have tons of keyboard triggers applied to them to indicate visibility of certain layers, in addition to behaviors like cycle layers and head turner. So if nothing is showing up, it's probably because a critical behavior or keyboard trigger hasn't been added. I would take a closer look at the original rigged CH version and pay close attention to any groups/layers that have the little lego brick (for behaviors) or an alphanumeric value in the keyboard column - I'm betting those rigging details are what will make Andrew visible again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upon further investigation, I learned that I could get a working puppet by playing around with keyboard triggers, latching, and override but it still seemed awkward to operate.

RESOLVED: My solution was to strip the coding tags for each layer in Ps to bear minimal and then reassign them with Ch properties panel. I'm not sure where the my coding was crossed up initially but I know have a character with 5 position head turn and accurate phonemes in all positions and 5 position body turn with 4 draggable limbs in each. I learned a lot from this exercise and will share anything I can with others. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines