This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Your examples of unsupported gestures are not displaying correctly here. Please edit your post and check to ensure they display okay.
Originally posted by: Phrankie
Flex TextAreas do not honor widely accepted selection practices.
Here are some normal editing gestures unsupported by Flex TextAreas:
• word-double-click-drag-right fails to select subsequent words
• word-double-click-drag-left fails to select previous words.
• triple-click fails to select the paragraph
• The user has to make an awkward maneuver to select multiple lines, particularly when the intention is to include the first or last line.*
• If the mouse is outside the window at mouse up, then no selection is made! Very clumsy feeling. Some application behave this way, some don’t.
* Click-drag-down almost operates normally, but here are steps that produce anomalies:
Click before the first char in the field.
Result: No matter how far you drag, the last line never selects.
Normally, when the drags past the last line, it gets selected ... and the converse happens when dragging upward.
Selecting lines is usually quite simple. Most applications and fields allow click-drag-down, or click-drag-up.
Has anyone come up with a solution?
Thank you for reposting my message legibly!
I previewed my message before posting, and it looked fine, so I had no idea it was not displaying correctly.
"Phrankie" <email@example.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for reposting my message legibly!
> I previewed my message before posting, and it looked fine, so I had no
> idea it was not displaying correctly.
> Much appreciated!!!
Doesn't look much different over nntp...