• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It would be great to synch specific mobile collections with different desktop catalogs

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 10's of thousands of pics in LR.  (5,200 in the first 10 months of 2016)

To handle that I have an annual default catalog.  I then copy out my best to a Select all years catalog, which I synch to mobile so I can share pics with family and friends.

However when I am traveling or using my phone to take pics (becoming more and more common) I would like to be able to synch those new, unedited, uncategorized, unreviewed photos with my current annual catalog and then work with them there.

I suspect I am not the only one with this issue.

In the meantime I open the select catalog, make copies of the recent pics on my hard drive, delete them from my mobile device, and then import them from their location on my hard drive to my current annual catalog.

Maybe there is a different workflow I could be following, any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

One catalogue. Tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands - there's no point fragmenting control of your pictures and workflow. In the case of your phone pics, these will then automatically sync into the main catalogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One catalogue. Tens of thousands, or hundreds of thousands - there's no point fragmenting control of your pictures and workflow. In the case of your phone pics, these will then automatically sync into the main catalogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines