4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 9:30 AM by Afsoca3t

deploy app ios  for testing in my ipad

likusoft

hello i have a problem .. I created with PhoneGap build a signed ipa file (developer version) .. (I created with with apple developer account --- all certificates including provisioning file). How do I install the ipa file on my ipad device to test it?

• 1. Re: deploy app ios  for testing in my ipad
          ryanskihead Adobe Employee

You can either scan the QR code using an appropriate app on your iOS device, or navigate directly to the phonegap build site in mobile safari and click the install link.

• 2. Re: deploy app ios  for testing in my ipad
            timtischler

I have a very similar problem and I can't find good documentation. 

I have a coworker who wants to install the PhoneGap Build application on his phone.  He has an account w/ phonegap, I've added his UDID to my developer account, he has the PhoneGap Developer application installed, and when he scans the QR code on build, it says "PhoneGap would like to install app", I click 'install', it downloads and then says "Unable to Download App -- app could not be installed at this time. [Done/Retry]". 

I have my app set to public download, and the error messages aren't super detailed for debugging.

Help!

• 3. Re: deploy app ios  for testing in my ipad
              ryanskihead Adobe Employee

Looking at the build log for your app, I only see one provisioned device in your mobile provision. You say you added his UDID to your developer account -- but you still need to:

1. Add that udid to your mobile provision file.

2. Download this updated mobile provision and upload it to PhoneGap Build.

3. Rebuild the app using this updated mobile provision.

The app binary should then include your coworker's device in the provision, and they should be able to install.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: deploy app ios  for testing in my ipad
                Afsoca3t

Im actually having the exact same problem as timtischler with one exception. The only user is myself and I have no collaborators listed. After updating the plugins everything looks perfectly fine until after I receive "Unable to Download App -- app could not be installed at this time. [Done/Retry]".

No other information is given and I'm only using this app (created from a captivate presentation) as a proof of concept. Ive tried updating the app multiple times and will probably delete and publish again but I was wondering if someone would help me with this or let me know If I'm doing anything wrong.

-Thanks