• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Comp Files as PDF

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I export a Comp file or Project into a PDF?

the feature seems to have been removed in the latest update.

thanks

lee

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Lee,

The Share icon from the Project view never had a Share PDF function. It's only the Share icon in the Document (edit) view that had it. And I don't think you're tapping into the project far enough to see the second one.

Can you try opening the document as if you're going to make edits to it? You should see a number of icons in the upper nav; that navigation has the Share icon you want to use.

Let me know if you're still not seeing it.

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee,

The feature is still there... It sounds like you may be looking for it in the wrong place. Try this:

Open a document.

Tap on the Share icon (square with an arrow) in the top nav.

From that menu choose Share PDF.

Let me know if you're still having trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually having this problem too. The button is no longer there. Nor is the export to Photoshop button. 😕

Jeromy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromy.

It's still there. There are two Share icons. One in the Project view (which enables posting to Behance and sharing the link) and the other in the Document view (which enables all other types of sharing). You must have the document open (as if you're going to work on it).

It's this view you want to see:

Comp_SharePDF.jpg

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OHHH!!!!

Thank you so much! I feel dumb now so we will pretend this never happened...

Thanks again,

Jeromy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromy.

Don't feel dumb at all. The icon hasn't moved since the update but there's basically an extra tap required now to actually open the document and get to that second Share icon.

It's definitely confusing a lot of people; you're not the only one.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue for the update.

Unfortunately there used to be a button on the project view that you could export the whole project as a stand-alone PDF

or export to desktop Apps.

That has indeed been deleted and only the option to share a link or upload to Behance which wouldn't work

as I need to share a physical PDF.

Having to export individual files (to your desktop) and then try and combine them seems counter-productive to being Mobile.

(Even the Mobile PDF doesn't recognize files created in Comp or Sketch)!!!

Seems like Adobe fixed something that didn't need fixing. I wish they would bring it back. 😞

Thanks again

Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lee,

The Share icon from the Project view never had a Share PDF function. It's only the Share icon in the Document (edit) view that had it. And I don't think you're tapping into the project far enough to see the second one.

Can you try opening the document as if you're going to make edits to it? You should see a number of icons in the upper nav; that navigation has the Share icon you want to use.

Let me know if you're still not seeing it.

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Any News on sharing whole project as a single PDF files? I wanted to use iPad Pro instead of desktop indesing mainly because of that and now it appears to work only with one single document in project.

Please, help.

K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this option is not available in android it seems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines