3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 1:52 AM by AparnaS

scroll effect not with break points?

cartimundi

Hello, i was working on a site with different breakpoints..

and would like to have some pictures full screen with a scroll effect, when i want to do that, i get the message that the width must be set...so i can't use breakpoints??

strange...or is there an other way?

grt cartimundi

• 1. Re: scroll effect not with break points?
          AparnaS Adobe Employee

Hi,

You can apply scroll effects in a responsive site. However you need to have at least one "fixed breakpoint" where you can set the scroll effects settings. You cannot apply scroll effects across fluid breakpoints.

See this link for more information.

• 2. Re: scroll effect not with break points?
            cartimundi Level 1

hello, i look at it, but at the moment i make a fixed width..all the settings/positioning of the items in the other breakpoints are lost.

Or is it, that i have to do that in the start of a document..

By the way, working with breakpoint is a time killing proces...every item in each breakpoint must be set...i'd hope when i put several pictures with text under,..that it would be look teh same in other breakpoints

• 3. Re: scroll effect not with break points?
              AparnaS Adobe Employee

The positioning and type of breakpoints entirely depends on the lay out of your website. It is recommended to design your web pages in the largest or the smallest breakpoint first. Then, use the scrubber to preview where the design breaks or overlaps. At those points add breakpoints and tweak your layout.

Ideally it should not matter when you change your fluid breakpoint to fixed.