2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2012 1:06 PM by xbrotherx

DateChooser localization

flashharry! Level 1
      Hi yet again...
      I know I can use formatter to format different dates for locals.
      But how do I change the month/day names in a date chooser

• 1. DateChooser localization
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6
          Here's my blog post on this subject:

LocalizationFrameworkResources

You need to localize the framework resource files.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\bundles\en_US\src\

SharedResources.properties
          formatters.properties
          controls.properties
          validators.properties

Build with this ant file:
          C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\sdks\3.1.0\frameworks\build.xml

Ant target: target name="framework_rb"

Or run this:

bin\compc -locale=en_US -source-path+=frameworks/projects/framework/bundles/en_US/src -include-resource-bundles=collections,containers,controls,core,effects,formatters,logging ,SharedResources,skins,states,styles,validators -output=frameworks/locale/en_US/framework_rb.swc

bin\compc -locale=fr_FR -source-path+=frameworks/projects/framework/bundles/fr_FR/src -include-resource-bundles=collections,containers,controls,core,effects,formatters,logging ,SharedResources,skins,states,styles,validators -output=frameworks/locale/fr_FR/framework_rb.swc

bin\compc -locale=ja_JP -source-path+=frameworks/projects/framework/bundles/ja_JP/src -include-resource-bundles=collections,containers,controls,core,effects,formatters,logging ,SharedResources,skins,states,styles,validators -output=frameworks/locale/ja_JP/framework_rb.swc
          • 2. Re: DateChooser localization
            xbrotherx

Greg, do you have that old blog post archived somewhere? That page is dead now when I hit the link.

Also, do the previous compc commands work on OS X? I keep getting:

Loading configuration file /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4/sdks/3.5.0/frameworks/flex-config.xml

Adobe Compc (Flex Component Compiler)

Version 3.5.0 build 12683

Copyright (c) 2004-2007 Adobe Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

command line: Error: unable to open 'frameworks/projects/framework/bundles/es_ES/src'

Use 'compc -help' for information about using the command line.

Ok I got it to work but no matter what strings I put in /frameworks/projects/framework/bundles/<language>/src/SharedResources.properties, I always get the English strings.

The only way I can get it work is removing that languages directory, run copylocale en_US <desiredLanguage> with the translated strings in the en_US version of SharedResources.properties. Then when I run compc it will compile a swc with the translated strings in it.

Can I not just edit the files in the language of choice's directory and then run compc?