Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC 2017 14.0 Crash and will not open

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

This is the first time posting on here and I have no idea if this is correct. Im a true rookie.

I have just tried to update my AE to the new version and it will not start up.

Premiere Pro works fine. Took about 2 mins to start, but it worked fine.

Any ideas? This is what came up.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times now. Same effect. Asks me to keep preferences, I have tried to keep and to delete but the same result at the end.

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 18.21.22.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheKeely​,

I think you might be having the same problem I was having.

These are the steps I took to fix the issue:

Click on the desktop so that you're in Finder. Click on "Go" in the menu bar and hold the alt/option key to reveal the "Library" folder. Go to Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects

You should find a few folders - right click on the folder "14.0" and "Get Info". You might need to click on the lock symbol to be able to change the settings. After you've entered your password, change "Read only" to "Read & Write."

Try opening After Effects again.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mmatta,

thanks for the reply but unfortunately that didn't work. It still comes up with the same error. I put Read and Write for all the users. Is that what you were advising? At the bottom of the info page?

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else able to help? Adobe are completely useless right now. Cant believe I pay this much for software and the service is this bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does your older version of AE still work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines