Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lost all lightroom cc data after switch from "trial" to "purchased"

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear team,

I decided to give the lightroom cc a go, after experiencing how well it sings on my ipad pro. I started the 30 day trial of lightroom mobile and tested it over the weekend. It worked perfectly.

I thought, in that case I'll run a test of the desktop app on my office PC, which again, integrated all files from the ipad (and the iphone) seamlessly. That pushed me on to the ultimate task, to install lightroom CC on my 2010 iMac. It al installed well, and loaded quickly, however, it didn't update the data base at all. It just said it was waiting for connection. When I decided to go for the pay monthly plan and purchase it, then it immediately started syncing... nothing. My library on the ipad and iphone completely empty, nothing on them. Seems that the purchase nuked my database. It's only the work of the weekend lost, and I have the original files, so it's not a disaster as I was expecting trouble. However, I believe I'm not the first one writing about these problems, so if you see a way to retrieve my database, then please let me know.

Kind regards,

Bart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

it is not the purchase that deleted the LM mobile images. It is the second catalog on your iMac desktop.

Lightroom is a single-user, single-computer system. One desktop using one catalog can sync to multiple mobile devices. There are some tricks to getting multiple computers to use the same catalog. The easiest is to put the catalog and images on an external drive and move the external drive from computer to computer as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Lightroom forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is not the purchase that deleted the LM mobile images. It is the second catalog on your iMac desktop.

Lightroom is a single-user, single-computer system. One desktop using one catalog can sync to multiple mobile devices. There are some tricks to getting multiple computers to use the same catalog. The easiest is to put the catalog and images on an external drive and move the external drive from computer to computer as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I came to the same conclusion.

Thanks for responding.

Bart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines