4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 12:58 AM by Lkretschmar

Indesign takes over 30 minutes to start up

Lkretschmar

I am on an 27" iMac, (2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 24GB 1600 MHz DDR3) just upgraded to macOS Sierra, although I have had this issue for 3-4 operating systems before this. I use Creative Cloud and always keep Indesign up to date.

I took my computer to a technician in January (for another issue) and asked about the length of time it takes to open Indesign, and was told it was a software issue and they couldn't do anything.

It only takes this long if I've shut down or restarted my computer, not if I've just quit the programme.

I have posted on this forum before and it was suggested that I uninstall and reinstall Indesign - I did this but it didn't help

I was also told to restore the preferences which I did and it didn't help.

It was also suggested that I create a new user on my computer and try launching InDesign. I did this and Indesign only took 4 minutes to open.

So I'm not sure what to do now. What does this mean and what do I do to fix the problem using my own user?

This has been an issue for me for more than a year and it's very frustrating, I'd really appreciate some help.