3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2016 7:33 AM by Steve Grisetti

Upgrading my Pe version.

asharuba

quick question. I am upgrading my Pe version from 7 to 15. I still have som un finished files i want to edit. Do my saved files open normaly in Pe15?

• 1. Re: Upgrading my Pe version.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Premiere Elements is virtually never backwards compatible. And you certainly will not be able to open version 7 files in version 15. In fact, trying to do so will likely corrupt the project files.

We always recommend completing your project in the version you started it in.

• 2. Re: Upgrading my Pe version.
            asharuba Level 1

Thank you for your reply Steve. the problem is that i cannot complete the current project under the  current condition. I am not a pc expert so I do not know how to explain the problem I am having. but my pc is very slow. Pe7 opens normally. but when I try opening my saved file to continue editing, the whole program shuts down. If I open a new project, it lets me edit with no problem. I'ts as if the existing project has some error. cause when ever i try to open it, it eithers says that the program is low on virtual memory. or it crashes and just closes the program. i do not even get to render the existing project let alone save it as a file in order to open it when i intent to use Pe15 on a new pc I ordered and am awaiting to arrive. do you have any thoughts on this?

• 3. Re: Upgrading my Pe version.
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Not without knowing a lot more about your system, asharuba. Unfortunately, the issues are likely way too deep to troubleshoot on a user to user forum.