Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update: My little Speedgrade/Premiere Project Converter still works with 2017

Participant ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

My little Premiere CC Project File converter tool is now updated to be compatible with CC 2017.

With the tool you'll be able to use Speedgrade to grade your projects and bring your gradings to the newest version CC 2017 of Premiere CC.

For all who already purchased the tool, just login into your shop account and download the updated tool.

For all who wants to test to tool before buying, just download the trial version, which lets to convert project files ten times.

More info and trial here: PrProBCC - Adobe Premiere CC 2017 Project Converter

Greets,

Patrick.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, Patrick ... when my new box is ready to start working (I hope tomorrow) this will be one of the first things I'll be "playing" with. Hee hee.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded ... such a joy to have. Oh, the time saved from round-tripping ... 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick!

For some reason my antivirus program have found sort of serious virus inside a zip package, can you tell what could be wrong with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it's virus free. Some virus programs identifies the tool as "hack tool" or similar, bacause the tool is based on the automation programming language "AutoIt" which automates simple tasks. Just check it with some other virus checker and you will see that it is ok. There are plenty online virus checkers available, just ask google 😉

Thanks,

Patrick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just worked some 4k DNxHD/R out of PrPro through this, worked slick as can be ... thanks, Patrick!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, I'm glad it's usefull to you too

I use the tool by myself on every project, because for me it's still the fasted way of high quality grading via Speedgrade. I hope Adobe will wakeup sometime soon and makes my tool obsolete 😉

many greets,

Patrick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated, I did some 4k work out of PrPro yesterday ... DNxHD/R ... and it takes only a few seconds longer (like, what, 5?) to use your app each way than using the Send-to-SpeedGrade command via the menu system.

And worked perfectly. Not to toot my own horn, but I don't think there's that many that know more about the abilities ... and foibles ... and working patterns of the PrPro Lumetri panel. That said, what a ​joy​ to get over to Sg. to have a program to work with and not mostly sort of around ... ah well.

So ... thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still using your app with 2017, and ... thanks. Lumetri can do some nice things with some of my smaller projects, or where I don't need multiple stacks of HSL & such. Or where I need to handle some media very carefully, requiring a number of subtle layered changes that just bog PrPro down with too many Lumetri "instances".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too 😉

Unfortunately some new features from Premiere are lost when re-open a project after grading in Speedgrade and therefore I am working on a PrProBCC version that keeps all new features after grading in Speedgrade. But this time it's no simple project version change, rather a complete Project-File examation and re-ordering of all elememts in the project, which is not a simple task.

But as soon as I have a working version I will get out betas for people to test.

Patrick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking forward to it!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great work Patrick. Thanks for giving us a reason to keep SpeedGrade around! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Joost!

Yea ... this little app of Patrick's is cool. Sg hath it's limits, but those are in general way beyond the limits of Lumetri/PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me get this right. Speedgrade can no longer be used for projects created in a recent version of Premiere, but with this extra tool those files can be converted to work with speedgrade? So, is Adobe done with SpeedGrade? It's a thing of the past, receives no more updates and won't be useful anymore?

-Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has released no information on any plans for Sg ... either "EOL" or upgrading. It's officially in "hiatus" is the best I've been told, though many are assuming by now that it's probably headed for the ol' end-of-life thing.

Which leaves post-processing in Adobe products in a bit of a bind, to me ... Lumetri is pretty decent for simpler clip-based work, but without shotmatching and with such a horrific hit on performance to stack enough Lumetri to get several HSL keys going, it's not useful or really fast enough for real major projects.

Which leaves either an EDL out to Sg, or doing a round-trip to Resolve, both of which are time consuming compared to the old Direct Link process PrPro/Sg.

So ... perhaps it might be helpful to file the feature request form to ask for either return of Direct Link or a vast upgrade of Lumetri within PrPro. They never respond, but all these get delivered in some tabulated form to all team managers & the upper supervisors who determine program & project budgets, including engineering time.

Neil

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines