• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAMERA CONFLICT ISSUES USING ELEMENTS 10

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to mix files from a JVC and a Canon camera.

The JVC saves the files as Mov and the Canon saves them as MP4.

I use Premier Elements 10.

If I use DSLR 1080i project settings the mov files are not best quality and if I use HD 1080i 25 project settings the mp4 files are not best quality.

I have tried to convert the mov files to mp4 files using file converter but does not seem to improve the quality.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't really given us enough information to be able to help you. There are literally dozens of types of MOVs, for instance -- and there are hundreds of models of JVC and Canon camcorders, many of which include several options for setting resolution and format.

What model of camcorder is your JVC? What resolution is it shooting your video as?

What model of Canon camcorder are you using and what resolution settings are you shooting that video at?

Do you have Quicktime 7 installed on your computer, per Premiere Elements 10's system requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

Thanks for your quick response.

The JVC is a GY-HM600E and the Canon is a XF200 and they are both 1920 x 1080 resolution.

I do have Quicktime 7.

Regards,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your JVC is a professional camcorder that shoots in a variety of formats. If you set it to record in AVCHD, you should have no problems editing it in Premiere Elements.

Likewise your Canon is a professional camcorder -- although the online specs do not indicate that it can record in AVCHD. If it is shooting in a professional format, you may not be able to edit it in Premiere Elements, which is a consumer based program.

I would recommend that, if you intend to shoot in professional formats, you consider a professional editor, like Premiere Pro CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines