Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request - No finger when using pen

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

One of the annoying quirks with Sketch is the fact that when I'm using the Apple Pencil, oftentimes I get a lot of accidental strokes from the palm of my hand... In Procreate there is the option to make it so that the finger only controls gestures and the interface. It would help me a bunch if you could do something similar, because as of now, I have to erase a lot of unwanted lines...

I don't know if it is something you hear a lot, but if it is, at least you know there is a big demand for it!

Sketch has the best brushes I've seen in any iOS app, so I would love to be able to use it as my go-to-app, instead of Procreate (since Procreate's brushes don't feel as natural as your app does!)

Also, I hope that when you make brush customization into a paid feature, you make it a one time purchase. I will buy it if it isn't subscription, because I don't like having to pay for something every month (or any other set timeframe) for something I'm not using every day the time...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Hi Peri,

Actually, this is a request I'm seeing a lot lately. And when I see it frequently, the product team sees it frequently. I can tell you this much... How to incorporate a toggle to ignore fingers when using a stylus is being seriously discussed by the drawing teams. I can't give you any more information than that, but it's pretty safe to say that it will surely make it to the app(s).

About brush customization and other paid features: I honestly don't know what the plans are for those featu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peri,

Actually, this is a request I'm seeing a lot lately. And when I see it frequently, the product team sees it frequently. I can tell you this much... How to incorporate a toggle to ignore fingers when using a stylus is being seriously discussed by the drawing teams. I can't give you any more information than that, but it's pretty safe to say that it will surely make it to the app(s).

About brush customization and other paid features: I honestly don't know what the plans are for those features that we're calling out as possible paid features but I'll definitely share your concerns/comments with the team.

Hope that helps a bit.Thanks for posting.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, any update on this? I annotate PDFs with Acrobat for several hours every day and this drives me crazy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI ASpark.

Are you using Pencil on an iPad Pro?  If you are, there are preference settings for fingers/Pencil in Sketch and Draw. To access it:

In the lower navigation tap the Settings icon

From the menu that opens choose Preferences.

Scroll down to Apple Pencil Settings.

You can choose there how you'd like the app to recognize finger touches (the settings will not go into effect until at least one stroke has been made with Pencil).

Although, it sounds like you're using Acrobat... I don't know if there are Pencil settings in that.

Does that help though?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines