2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2016 1:05 PM by ManiacJoe

Lightroom can't locate my missing photos.

katherines97527559

So I recently shot a wedding (I'm very much a beginner to photography and Lightroom), and I exported the photos from Lightroom to a flashdrive, then sent it in the mail to the recipient. Well, when the recipient got the envelope, it was opened and the flashdrive was gone.

Thinking that I didn't need to save the photos anywhere else on my mac, because they were already in Lightroom, I deleted my photos off of the SD card. When I tried to re-export the photos, the entire collection couldn't be found. When I tried to locate them using Lightroom, it couldn't find them. I tried to copy and paste the titles of some of the pictures to locate them, but that ended up in a dead end as well. Please help!

Katherine

• 1. Re: Lightroom can't locate my missing photos.
          dj_paige Level 9

When I tried to re-export the photos, the entire collection couldn't be found.

I'm not sure what "collection couldn't be found" means. Does it mean that the collection does not appear in the list of collections on the left hand side of the Library Module? Or does it mean something else?

Are you sure you opened the correct catalog? What happens if you go to the menu command File->Open Recent and select each catalog shown there? Do you find a catalog with the proper collection?

Your photos ought to be somewhere on one of your hard disks. Have you searched your hard disks for one of these photos, by file name, using your operating system's search feature?

• 2. Re: Lightroom can't locate my missing photos.
            ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

In Lightroom's Library module, grid view, select one of the missing photos, right click, "show in Finder/Explorer".

This will tell you where LR thinks your photos should be.

When you imported the images off your SD card, did you do an "add" or "copy" import?

Check the Folders panel to see if any of them are missing. If so, you need to fix that before you fix any missing photos.

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders